Is there a time deadline on the 15th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuckooforcocopuffs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I tried searching around but have not found this anywhere. I thought that my POI had said 430 but I have not seen this anywhere and am starting to think maybe I misheard.

I guess I am also wondering about how long after the deadline do most programs extend new offers to the alternated?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I had multiple programs state (in writing) that I had until 5pm EST today to decide on my offer. There will most likely be some variability in this, but having a 4:30 deadline doesn't sound crazy. Some may be midnight, it just depends. Obviously this means you're waiting on at least one program you've been waitlisted at.

Good luck over the next couple of hours, but as per your second question, this process could conceivably go on for the next couple of weeks, even into the beginning of May. As long as there are spots, departments are within their rights to continue to extend offers until positions are filled. If it were me I personally wouldn't pass up a sure thing for a possbility of coming off a waitlist (post-deadline), but given that I don't know your particular situation it is hard to offer any real advice on how to proceed.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users