Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Is there a way to buy just the GS tests?

Discussion in 'Gold Standard PreMed Headquarters' started by Deepa100, 07.17.08.

1. Deepa100

Deepa100 Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I don't need the study material. I just need more exams.
    Thanks!
  2. CardiacKid

CardiacKid

Pre-Medical
  3. SarahMadison

SarahMadison

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah I got mine on Ebay as well
  4. mcat prep

mcat prep Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 7+ Year Member
  5. phospho

phospho SDN Lifetime Donor Lifetime Donor

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Just wanted to say that investing that $150 was one of the best things I ever did. Although the GS questions weren't like the real thing, they taught me a lot about the material, and taught me how to think about things much differently than the way Examkrackers or other companies did. I definitely would not have been able to do well on the MCAT (and get into medical school!) without those 10 tests.

Best of luck to everyone! :luck:
  6. Caesar

Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane Administrator SDN Senior Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Physician hSDN Member hSDN Alumni SDN 7+ Year Member
    I have three of them that I got from TPW (Thanks GS). As pointed out above you can buy them from the website. Also like Phospho said they aren't exactly like AAMC but they are pretty good for content review.

edit: didn't realize OP posted back in July, doubt he needs this, but it is there for posterity now.
  7. JaggerPlate

JaggerPlate

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Does GS offer CBT tests, or are these all on paper??

EDIT: just looked at it again and realized, unless I am mistaken, that these are CBT.
  8. Shawnpremed

Shawnpremed

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone know if I buy the new thick hardcover Gold Standard MCAT book, what the pullout tests and CBTs I'll have access to will be? (i.e. GS 1,2,3? 8,9,10?)

Also, how long do we have access to the free online CBTs with book purchase?

Thanks!
  9. mcat prep

mcat prep Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Yes, the 10 full length practice exams online are MCAT CBTs which use the new AAMC format to provide additional practice and review. They can be purchased as a package ($150) or as individual practice tests ($25) directly from the MCAT Store (MCAT).

The new hardcover Gold Standard MCAT textbook (2010 Ed.; published about 2 weeks ago) contains practice tests GS-1, GS-2 and GS-3 on paper with free online access to the same 3 tests as MCAT CBTs for as long as you prepare for the MCAT. There is no limit to the number of times that you can use the tests: answers and explanations are included and each attempt is saved in your personal History section.

The new full color book also provides new chapter review questions online that simulate MCAT CBT independent questions (6 month access). Also, 10 hours of online MCAT teaching videos are included.

Over the next few weeks, our team will be completing our annual question by question review of our MCAT CBTs to weed out any inappropriate questions and be sure that our latest versions provide an updated review to remain consistent with the most recent MCAT CBTs by the AAMC.

Good luck everyone!
  10. PRamos

PRamos Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I need to get full length exams for practice, but reading that sentence above makes me leery. I have done the AAMC exams already and am afraid I'll remember their questions if I do them again. But that seems better than practicing with exams that are unrealistic.

When will your question by question changes take affect? Until then, I don't think it's worth the time to take your exams when more realistic materials are out there. Hopefully this will happen by March.
  11. mcat prep

mcat prep Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Our latest round of content review is ongoing and we expect to have it completed by mid-February.

However, keep in mind that the current form of the online Gold Standard practice MCAT CBTs are recommended by SN2ed (SDN moderator) Non AAMC Practice CBTs and the student you quoted from also said "Just wanted to say that investing that $150 was one of the best things I ever did."

Nonetheless, we who are working on the content review, have all taken the real MCAT and gained admissions to medical school. We have created very helpful exams but we continue to push harder to be sure you get an experience that would one day have you say that it was "one of the best things I ever did" for MCAT prep.
  12. PRamos

PRamos Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I guess I'll be looking to buy in early March sometime.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal