Is there any foreigner who work as pharmacy technacian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Srabony Khan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I m a foreign pharmacist willing to take ptcb exam.But i m on dependent vise with no work permit.Is there any foreign technacian who can give me advice regarding the work permit to start my career as a pharmacy technacian.Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks
Srabony

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I m a foreign pharmacist willing to take ptcb exam.But i m on dependent vise with no work permit.Is there any foreign technacian who can give me advice regarding the work permit to start my career as a pharmacy technacian.Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks
Srabony

Unless you have a special family situation that can allow to apply under a special category you can't apply for a h1b to be a pharmacy tech.

why?

because h1b are for highly skilled jobs and pharmacy tech is not one ( that I know off)

your options:

1) you are a pharmacist.. check with the state board where you live at to see if you qualify to take the necessary exams for foreign pharmacists to practise in the US.
2) what type of dependant visa are you on? a dependant of a H1b or of a F-1 visa holder? If you are a dependant of a F-1, you will have to swich to a F-1 of your own, because F-2 can't go to school. But if you are a H1b dependant you should be able to go to school.

My best advice will be for you to look for a pharmacy school that offers 1-2 years program for foreign pharmacists and transitionne your first pharmacy degree to a pharmD.

Good luck