Is there anyone who has failed the COMLEX PE in recent years and gotten a successful retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This is one of several threads Ive made about this test, but I just cant get over how much this failing humanistic domain thing has ruined my life. I just woke up from a nightmare where I found out my retake (which I took in October after my psych audition) was a fail on the biomedical domain. I woke up drenched in sweat.

Basically...writing this thread in hopes someone who has recently failed and passed a retake can give me some reassurance.:cryi:

My friends think its really pathetic watching a grown man spend the past 3 months of his life in such misery. But i cant help it.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax man, you're stressing me out. I'm sure you're fine. Plus, if you passed the first time around, I doubt you'd fall the biomed part the second time. Also, to give you an idea, only like 10-15% of people who retake fail the second time. I'm sure most of those people failed the biomed portion.

Reactions: 1 user
I know it just sucks because a few places in Cali where I auditioned at said they cant give me an interview unless I have a passing PE score. I checked with them and they have no spots anymore and have automaticlaly rejected me. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Worst case you scramble into a TRI and reapply next year with a passing score. There are always options, and you most likely passed this time around anyway. It sounds like you're super stressed but don't give up hope and listen to your friends and family when they say it'll work out in the end.

Maybe call NBOME and tell them about your predicament (losing interviews) and see if they can hurry your regrade along?

Maybe call NBOME and tell them about your predicament (losing interviews) and see if they can hurry your regrade along?

Yeah, I don't know if they'd do something, but this is definitely worth a try. Worst case scenario, you're in the same situation as you are now.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. You guys are right just being depressed all day and letting it impact my ADL's is of no use.

Worst case you scramble into a TRI and reapply next year with a passing score. There are always options, and you most likely passed this time around anyway. It sounds like you're super stressed but don't give up hope and listen to your friends and family when they say it'll work out in the end.
There are always options, and you most likely passed this time around anyway. It sounds like you're super stressed but don't give up hope and listen to your friends and family when they say it'll work out in the end.
gjBffa
Hmmmmmmmm.