Is there hope for me to apply this round

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abynormal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently working as a CNA at a rehabilitation facility and am half way through my anatomy and physiology classes with an "A" in both. I still need 2 upper level bio classes and 1 more psychology class to apply to UCDenver, which would be an instate tuition choice if I can apply by their October 1 deadline.

I am securing observation hours at Hilton Head in Vail and Craig Hospital, but am still looking for something in LTC or other. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to obtain observation hours in either a LTC or other? I have been trying to call Denver Public Schools and Jefferson Public Schools but I keep getting the run around.

However, given some of the prereqs I still need and the observation hours, I don't think I can make UCDenver's October 1st deadline, should I apply to other out of state schools with a later deadline, some even extend to February 2015. That way I don't have to wait until July 2015 although I would be much better prepared.

My interest in UCDenver is the instate cost of tuition and location is nice too, as I have family and friends here.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at Craig right now. We meet see each other around.

I don't think you've really given enough information for anyone to give you helpful advice. Do you have enough pre-reqs completed for other schools? Most schools won't let you apply if you have too many classes left to take. Does your GPA need an extra boost that those classes may provide? Do you have enough observation hours, do you have references that have time to write you letters, and have you taken the GRE? Different schools have different requirements, so look into what out of state schools you can apply to this year.