Is there hope for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aliyah Rahman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize I wanted to do a pharmacy residency until last year. I have a 3.1 (without APPES) GPA
Worked at a small hospital. I also worked at Walgreens for 1.5 years. I am also working on a reasearch project currently, hoping to present at midyear (fingers crossed I'll be done!). I am a project coordinator of our pediatrics club, because I love being innovative and creative, but I am not president of anything.

My greatest fear is my GPA. I have great worth ethic, but I'm scared I won't pass the preliminary screenings because of my GPA. I had 2 rough semesters that dropped my GPA greatly, and am still recovering.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You'll be fine. Just make sure, when working on the application, you are able to clearly communicate that you're the entire package. I believe STRONG letter of recs also carry a lot of weight, especially ones that can describe your clinical prowess.

My stats are very similar to yours with the same pre-APPE GPA. Once match comes along, I'll post up everything including where I interviewed (and hopefully where I match).