Is this CRAZY??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErinG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone out there commutes from Biddeford/UNECOM area to Boston?? Is this totally impossible?
I'm asking this because I'm **very** interested in UNECOM and my husband will be doing his post-doc when I go to med school, and one of the potential post-doc places he's considering is Harvard (we'd rather live in ME than in MA).

Any advice for this crazy woman??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, not totally crazy!

I'm from central Maine and I've heard of people living in southern Maine and heading to Boston each day - it can be a long trip depending on where you're from but if he can find people to ride-share, or can make it to a commuter T station it'd be do-able. If you were able to find a place to live close to Kittery and didn't mind a short commute to Biddeford it wouldn't be too bad for either of you.

Kristen

Originally posted by ErinG
:rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone out there commutes from Biddeford/UNECOM area to Boston?? Is this totally impossible?
I'm asking this because I'm **very** interested in UNECOM and my husband will be doing his post-doc when I go to med school, and one of the potential post-doc places he's considering is Harvard (we'd rather live in ME than in MA).

Any advice for this crazy woman??

Thanks!

The travel time is about 1.5 hours. It's doable, though relatively so.

Perhaps there would be a good in-between point in Maine so both of you have to commute 45 mins or so each way? I don't know if there are any good places to live in that half-way point.

- Tae

Members don't see this ad :)
argh, the 95 can be a real pisser....watch out cause they're always closing lanes which really f's things up!

Originally posted by David511
argh, the 95 can be a real pisser....watch out cause they're always closing lanes which really f's things up!

I second that!!!...but notice how we're both from Philly! :laugh:

yeah, but now I have to deal with the 76...absolutely THE WORST freeway ever built! :mad:

Erin,

I have classmates who commute from Georgetown, Mass., Newburyport MA, Portsmouth NH, and a couple who live up here but drive home to RI every weekend to be with their spouses. A few commute from north of Portland also.

Hey Doc Oc,

thanks for the info. While certainly encouraging that other people do this, I couldn't live away from my hubby while in med school (the whole support system thing). I was asking this question more for him because I'd like to know how feasible it'd be for him to commute to Boston from Portland/Biddeford. He'd be doing a post-doc, so it'd be more flexible, and I think I'd rather live in Portland than Biddeford or between Boston and Biddeford. I also am not sure it'd be *that* bad if it be for only two years or so...

I just really like UNE, I want to be a DO, I want to live in ME (my parents and I used to camp up in Maine every summer), I was married in VT, and I **really** want to get out of the midwest!!

Anyway, I appreciate your input on this matter.
Thanks! :D