Is this just coincidence or was it meant to be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1passbbsSHAVE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty lazy about sending my grade in for the fall semester since it was just 1 class that I got an A in. I sent the transcript in pretty late as well (mid January), so it's not even updated on AADSAS yet.

About a week ago, out of nowhere, I just felt like sending my academic update to a few schools I want to get invited to. 1 day later I sent it out, I got an invite from NYU.

Yesterday, I had some extra time, so I decided to send my grade update for the schools I have not sent them to yet. This morning, I got an invite from LECOM for an interview, soon after receiving an email saying "thank you for the academic update, we will add it to your file".

It could totally be coincidence, but two incidents make me believe maybe they do care about academic updates and wait for you go send them in, assuming you did get good grade(s).

What do yall think?

Members don't see this ad.

yea it is a coincidence or

1. people realize NYU cost 500k$ for COA (with conservative living lifestyle), so many people drop acceptances
2. people find out D4 at LECOMs fail their clinical boards, so many people drop acceptances

3. it is a coincidence.

Reactions: 2 users
maybe not a coincidence...
After I received fall semester grades, I sent my academic update to Mich, after couple of hours I received interview invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea it is a coincidence or

1. people realize NYU cost 500k$ for COA (with conservative living lifestyle), so many people drop acceptances
2. people find out D4 at LECOMs fail their clinical boards, so many people drop acceptances

3. it is a coincidence.
Haha there are some school I refuse to go to. Unless you paid me of course. Lol

It's hard to say. I got an interview from UCLA a day after I sent in my academic update, so maybe there is something to it.