Is this lethal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k12123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On my primary, I indicated that I started one of my activities in September of 2012. But on the secondary, for some reason I said I began volunteering in November of 2012 when I was describing the volunteer work kind of like this "I began volunteering for so and so around November of 2012." So there's a discrepancy of when I began volunteering. Although I did put "around November", I'm not sure if that saves it. Would schools automatically reject me because of this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you serious? No... If it even comes up just say it was a mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
We are all neurotic right now. Having to condense your entire life, all your accomplishments and everything that makes you unique, worthy, likely to succeed, down into a scant few pages of obsessively revised text upon which your entire future depends.... it is enough to make anyone a little nutty.

Remember that the people who are going to review your app are looking at hundreds of others. They aren't going to notice such a small discrepancy, and if they do, they are unlikely to see it as anything other than a minor and totally irrelevant mistake. If everything else in your application is in good order, this won't be the thing that sinks you.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Promethean! Writing so many secondaries with so little time is starting to get to me especially being already kind of late in this cycle.

We are all neurotic right now. Having to condense your entire life, all your accomplishments and everything that makes you unique, worthy, likely to succeed, down into a scant few pages of obsessively revised text upon which your entire future depends.... it is enough to make anyone a little nutty.

Remember that the people who are going to review your app are looking at hundreds of others. They aren't going to notice such a small discrepancy, and if they do, they are unlikely to see it as anything other than a minor and totally irrelevant mistake. If everything else in your application is in good order, this won't be the thing that sinks you.