Is this possible?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

connie95

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Establishing residency in Texas for medical school purposes is rather difficult. You probably do not qualify if you did not graduate from high school there and do not currently live there.

https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/residency.html

I know…but it says that if I am dependent on my parents and one of them establishes domicile there and pays taxes, I should be eligible right?

The high school route is different from the domicile route...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know…but it says that if I am dependent on my parents and one of them establishes domicile there and pays taxes, I should be eligible right?

The high school route is different from the domicile route...
If she has for a full year, you should be alright actually, so long as she is paying taxes in Texas.

If she has for a full year, you should be alright actually, so long as she is paying taxes in Texas.

And would I be alright for VA in-state as well? Is that even possible? to apply in-state to two different state medical schools?

Or will AMCAS/TMDSAS make me choose?

They are separate application processes. I'd imagine you could just claim VA on AMCAS and TX on TMDSAS. If you were trying to claim two residencies on AMCAS, it would be tougher, but I think you lucked out because TX is one of the two in this case.

Applicants I've mentored IRL have been asked to provide a paper trail demonstrating domicile, like copies of a drivers licence, car registration, tax forms, parental affidavit, library card, voters registration, etc. I'm not saying Texas and Virginia for sure have schools like that, but they might. This is just a heads-up that while it is possible to claim both states, backing up your claim could be difficult.