Is this real life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitlistmaster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Depends on the school and your residency status. The waitlist at some schools have quite a bit of movement, especially at pricey private schools or out of state students for certain public schools.

And it's not over until you get a rejection, so you still have a shot with 6 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
decent stats, u must have applied late, right?

Was there anything wrong with your interviews? Did you wear white socks with your suit?
LOL honestly my interviews went well. I answered every question with good examples, didn't overshadow people when they talked and was courteous to the students/faculty.

Were these all pre-December interviews? That's an average GPA and above average DAT. Seems kind of strange that all six schools would wait list you unless they found some sort of red flag on your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Were these all pre-December interviews? That's an average GPA and above average DAT. Seems kind of strange that all six schools would wait list you unless they found some sort of red flag on your application.
-

Last edited:
Well the fact they invited you shows they liked what they saw on paper... Were you dressed appropriately and everything?

Reactions: 1 users
Or a tuxedo t shirt and a mullet. It says he wants to be formal but here to party.

Wouldve hired him on the spot.

What was that? What job?

Doesnt matter.

Does your application stand out in anyway? Perhaps you didn't leave a long lasting impression.

So you've graduate dental school, and spend your time correcting grammatical errors on a pre-dental forum? I really want to grow up to be you.

You couldn't be me if you tried, but that's neither here nor there. As for correcting grammatical errors, if you're going to make ridiculous comments, expect to be picked apart in one way or another. It's SDN.

Also, I answered your original question.

Your name really does suite you, "pretentious brat". I was already sitting, but thanks.

I think I found out why you were waitlisted everywhere.

EDIT: Gah. I feel too mean posting that. The reason I asked about your wardrobe choice was because I know people who made questionable wardrobe decisions that resulted in a waitlist... wasn't trying to troll.

Anyway, at this point my best advice would be for you to get in contact with your interviewers at each school and tell them how you are still interested, etc. You can narrow down to some of your favorites and send out letters of intent, or you can send one to each (depends on what you think is morally correct). Good luck, man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
My gut tells me this is a troll thread, and I sincerely hope it is, because it worries me that someone could actually be so oblivious. You were waitlisted because you have a toxic personality. You asked a question and then immediately started insulting the people who took the time to help you. Dentistry is a public-facing profession, and you really need to work on your people skills.

Reactions: 3 users
My gut tells me this is a troll thread, and I sincerely hope it is, because it worries me that someone could actually be so oblivious. You were waitlisted because you have a toxic personality. You asked a question and then immediately started insulting the people who took the time to help you. Dentistry is a public-facing profession, and you really need to work on your people skills.

Damn, I think thats a lil off base. I mean maybe he got wait-listed cause there's LUCK involved. For whatever reason they liked someone else more than him, and that doesn't necessarily mean he has a toxic personality. (I mean he might.)

Dude just assume that there is a 50% chance to accepted at each school you interviewed. So you should be good. And if you don't, you're either very unlucky or a toxic personality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Damn, I think thats a lil off base. I mean maybe he got weight-listed cause there's LUCK involved. For whatever reason they liked someone else more than him, and that doesn't necessarily mean he has a toxic personality. (I mean he might.)

Dude just assume that there is a 50% chance to accepted at each school you interviewed. So you should be good. And if you don't, you're either very unlucky or a toxic personality.

How do I get weight-listed?

Normally I dont do this, but if it makes me do a double-back, it deserves it.