is this the time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christsdaughter

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: pls help
just don't understand when to go for it .i have just completed anat,physio,b.chem.should i go for it now or should i wait for some more time.
and how to prepare if i should take it up now?

Members don't see this ad.

hi i am also from india but curently in minnesota sailing in the same boat as yours . am planning to take step 1 in april . where did u read anatomy , physio and b.cham from and which other books do u plan to follow ?

Step 1 covers much more than the classes you've already taken, including microbiology, pharmacology, pathophysiology, ethics, and behavioral science. I don't know what year in med school you are, but US med students take the test after completing all of the basic science years (after completing the 2nd year).

thanx for being so kind friend,i m still in the second year of med school and i will be completing the subjects u said by next yr .have u taken the step 1 exam as yet.if u have ,can u pls guide me thru my preparation if u have time off course.as to wht and how many books should i go for?how much time do u dedicate for it?i willbe really grateful.well thanx again bye for now.

thanx to u too,optha.wish u all luck for ur exams in april.
i read a book from an indian writer (dr.b.d.chaurasia)if u have heard of him being an indian,and i have taken up Richard S.Snells now . physio and b.chem i read from Guyton's and Harper's.i did not take any other book for them. do u think i should?which books have u studied from?
well wish u luck once again for ur exams.bye for now.