Is this witholding Transcripts, will they know

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deezgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yo, so basically I got this BIG issue y'all

I won this scholarship thing where I got to do this summer program thing where we learn another language up here in Canada at this other university. It was just a summer program that we did for like a month. We had classes and tests n stuff too. I didn't really try to get good marks n all cuz i thought it didn't matter.. then i got home and went to school in the fall ..... few months later i got this letter in the mail... it's transcripts!! from the program. 6 credits and I got BAD grades. I don't think my new university even has them, I didn't know I got credits for it! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do I gotta send these in with my application :confused::confused::confused: I really hope not because I would have looooooow looow loww marks :(

ma GPA will be droppin from a 3.5 to a 3.46 Am I %$#$% or what homies?

Members don't see this ad.

I won this scholarship thing where I got to do this summer program thing where we learn another language up here in Canada at this other university. It was just a summer program that we did for like a month. We had classes and tests n stuff too. I didn't really try to get good marks n all cuz i thought it didn't matter.. then i got home and went to school in the fall ..... few months later i got this letter in the mail... it's transcripts!! from the program. 6 credits and I got BAD grades. I don't think my new university even has them, I didn't know I got credits for it! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do I gotta send these in with my application :confused::confused::confused: I really hope not because I would have looooooow looow loww marks :(

I am not sure but I don't think so as long as the transcript is from Canada..

Technically, you are required to report every course you have ever taken at any institution (US, International, Canadian). In your case, you have a transcript and you received credit for it. So yes, you would be withholding it.

Will they know? Who knows? But is a 0.04 change in GPA worth the risk that they do find out you didn't report it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing like starting a quest for a professional school with unprofessional attitude.

Do you seriously talk like this? If you do, in real-life, you may have some issues in the near future. If not, then I am sure you can refrain from typing like this homie!

Do you seriously talk like this? If you do, in real-life, you may have some issues in the near future. If not, then I am sure you can refrain from typing like this homie!

:mad:Don't worry bru, I prefer to speak like this because it represents my home base (Toronto). I have the capacity to puke illustrious words of arrogance and rank, but in that I would be denying my people.

Who am I to lift my self out of the gutter from where I came. I know myself and my place. I don't see myself as more worthy than the homeless homy down the street. I have just recognized my ambition to serve others as a dental health professional.

I'm asking this question because I see that this application proces is somewhat of a game, and it can cause hurt and dipair to many failed attempts. I just know that I gotta stay on my grind, I just wanted some input from ya'll.

peace! :xf::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

My thoughts still stand. That's just what the instructions say: you report any and all college/university courses you have ever taken. I have no idea what resources they use where they might possibly find out. But I would think disclosure before the fact would be way better than them finding out after you are accepted. Although not as drastic, it reminds me of the Yahoo! CEO being forced to resign over his CV/resume 'error'.

My thoughts still stand. That's just what the instructions say: you report any and all college/university courses you have ever taken. I have no idea what resources they use where they might possibly find out. But I would think disclosure before the fact would be way better than them finding out after you are accepted. Although not as drastic, it reminds me of the Yahoo! CEO being forced to resign over his CV/resume 'error'.

lol
do y'all think I should include my story under the section where you write if something bad happened that effected your marks....like being bed ridden or ir something happened to someone close to you... in that section could I write "I didn't know my XXXXX classes were for credit... lol?

:mad:Don't worry bru, I prefer to speak like this because it represents my home base (Toronto). I have the capacity to puke illustrious words of arrogance and rank, but in that I would be denying my people.

Who am I to lift my self out of the gutter from where I came. I know myself and my place. I don't see myself as more worthy than the homeless homy down the street. I have just recognized my ambition to serve others as a dental health professional.

I'm asking this question because I see that this application proces is somewhat of a game, and it can cause hurt and dipair to many failed attempts. I just know that I gotta stay on my grind, I just wanted some input from ya'll.

never met someone from Toronto who talks like that. but okay....

I'm from the GTA and you and I both know that is not the vernacular and you are not "representing your home base"...Unless you're from Scarborough, Rexdale or Brampton... either way you should be more worried about how you speak and present yourself than your GPA not only for dental school admissions but as a future health care professional.

I believe you have to report EVERYTHING.

I'm from da GTA and we both know that we gotta "rep our home base"...gud thang we not from Scarborough, Rexdale or Brampton... either way you should be more worried aboutstayin on yur grind not only for dental school admissions but as a future health care professional.

tight bru, sound advice right there :cool:

Respect :xf:

hahah funny guy... why don't you shed some light, instead keeping it all in?

It's hard to see the light when you insist on keeping your eyes closed. You appear to be the taking the advise given to you about as seriously as you did the summer program you attended.

I think the right thing to do would be to report it.