is this worth updating and what would be the best way?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justapremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my "extracurriculars" have changed a bit, for instance, I quitted my research lab position as of late August (although on AMCAS I put down "until present" because I was anticipating to continue :(), but I am now a TA for both biochemistry and advanced organic chemistry, neither of which is on the AMCAS.

Also, on AMCAS, I said xx 2007-May 2008 for a hospital volunteer position, which I am resuming now as the fall semester has started. Would that be something to update also? Just to show them that yes, I am continuing to volunteer at the hospital?

At this point, I've already submitted the good majority of my sec apps a good while ago....

I don't know if these are "frivolous" stuff or if these are worth updating.

Also, I know one school has a textbox on the secondary app website where I can update them on stuff; but what about others? Snail mail? Email? What would be the best and most efficient way to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

So my "extracurriculars" have changed a bit, for instance, I quitted my research lab position as of late August (although on AMCAS I put down "until present" because I was anticipating to continue :(), but I am now a TA for both biochemistry and advanced organic chemistry, neither of which is on the AMCAS.

Also, on AMCAS, I said xx 2007-May 2008 for a hospital volunteer position, which I am resuming now as the fall semester has started. Would that be something to update also? Just to show them that yes, I am continuing to volunteer at the hospital?

At this point, I've already submitted the good majority of my sec apps a good while ago....

I don't know if these are "frivolous" stuff or if these are worth updating.

Also, I know one school has a textbox on the secondary app website where I can update them on stuff; but what about others? Snail mail? Email? What would be the best and most efficient way to do this?

Personally, I would hold off.

Wait until:
-the interview
-more stuff worth mention accumulates
-they've had your file for a while and you'd want to give them a little reminder that you're out here, hopefully triggering an interview invite

Yea I'd probably wait a bit too, at least until the end of this month or sometime in next month. I am planning to wait a month or two for mine. Updating shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you didn't "quitted" too many things.