Is Tulane asking too much???!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to AMCAS: (http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/admissionofficers.htm)

"Each school's acceptance deposit not exceed $100 and be refundable until May 15 (except for EDP applicants). If the applicant enrolls at the school, the school is encouraged to credit the deposit toward tuition."

Anyone get accepted to Tulane? Anyone read just how much their deposits are??? (For those who don't know, its 500)

:eek:

So...........whats up??

Members don't see this ad.

I've been accepted and here's the deal:

You do NOT send in your deposit of $500 until you are 100% sure that you will attend Tulane. Sending in your $500 is an indication of your final decision to attend TUSOM. But it is due by May 15, the date by which you can only hold one acceptance anyways. So, in a way, its better than requiring a $100 deposit.

Goose-d is right. I reread it and you have to answer them within 2 weeks, but your $500 deposit is your final indication that you will 100% surely attend Tulane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goose-d said:
I've been accepted and here's the deal:

You do NOT send in your deposit of $500 until you are 100% sure that you will attend Tulane. Sending in your $500 is an indication of your final decision to attend TUSOM. But it is due by May 15, the date by which you can only hold one acceptance anywats. So, in a way, its better than requiring a $100 deposit.

Ah-ha...i wished they made this clearer in their letter. I didn't send it, but that's something that needs to be clarified