Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Driftinglily11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:confused:WOW:confused:.

I guess talk to the head of the department and dean of student affairs. Your acceptance to medical schools is contingent upon your graduation. :scared:

GOOD LUCK

Beg like a madman. My acceptance is conditional on sending a transcript with proof of degree. Go in there and say "is there anything I can do at this point to end with a C because med school starts and I have to pass." Be super nice and humble and if he says yes, thank him a lot. At this point, its time to beg.

Members don't see this ad :)
Beg like a madman. My acceptance is conditional on sending a transcript with proof of degree. Go in there and say "is there anything I can do at this point to end with a C because med school starts and I have to pass." Be super nice and humble and if he says yes, thank him a lot. At this point, its time to beg.

This might work. But you never know if this will cause him to be a bigger prick and cause him to definitely give you an F.

Concur with this. urt if you fail the class, does that mean you won't graduate? How does that work? Is this a required class?

Definitely work the chain of command. Chair -> Dean -> Provost/President

:confused:WOW:confused:.

I guess talk to the head of the department and dean of student affairs. Your acceptance to medical schools is contingent upon your graduation. :scared:

GOOD LUCK

does your school have any policies on grading and % passing?

Talk to the prof first, then if nothing can be done start going up the chain. I find it impossible to believe that any university would ruin your matriculation over one class.

If this is a course required in order to graduate in your major, then absolutely talk to prof and then go up the chain of command in the department all the way up to the college dean or president. If, however, this was an elective and you just needed any 3 or 4 credits to graduate, maybe just decide to take another 3 or 4 credit course in the summer and get your degree by the end of the summer (that is if the med school allows you to finish over the summer before submitting your proof of graduation). These things do tend to work out in a fair way. Your college officials certainly don't want a high percentage of seniors in one major to be left behind and not graduate. Maybe even get your parents involved...it would probably help. Good luck and keep us posted on how this turns out!

If this is a course required in order to graduate in your major, then absolutely talk to prof and then go up the chain of command in the department all the way up to the college dean or president. If, however, this was an elective and you just needed any 3 or 4 credits to graduate, maybe just decide to take another 3 or 4 credit course in the summer and get your degree by the end of the summer (that is if the med school allows you to finish over the summer before submitting your proof of graduation). These things do tend to work out in a fair way. Your college officials certainly don't want a high percentage of seniors in one major to be left behind and not graduate. Maybe even get your parents involved...it would probably help. Good luck and keep us posted on how this turns out!

+1 to this.

You really have nothing to lose here, so don't worry if your teacher gives you an F for begging. Do what you gotta do.

If most of his class fails... this is a huge red flag on HIS application (get it? :laugh:). I think this will help your case if you decide to take it to the higher-ups (Dept chair, etc.).

I took the final today, it was actually much easier than every other exam in the class. I also talked to the professor again, and he seems like he's finally coming around. Apparently I'm not the only one who has talked to him. Its looking good though!

So glad to hear that things are looking up! It must have been stressful, but it sounds like you are going to graduate, going to med school in the fall, and all's right with the world. Happy for you!

So glad to hear that things are looking up! It must have been stressful, but it sounds like you are going to graduate, going to med school in the fall, and all's right with the world. Happy for you!
+1. OP good luck in medical school this Fall. Enjoy it and glad to hear that things seem to be turning around. :)