Issue with Community College Pre Req Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omnicoherent92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my name Raymond and would be in community college within a few weeks as a freshmen. I have choosen CC because of the economy senerio.
I have serveral issue with CC due to that I'm taking Chemistry and some Medical Students at Columbia University told me it's a bad start. Is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

No you're fine.

Last edited:
I took all of my science pre reqs at a university except a my gen bio that i did at a CC. If your grades are consistent at both places, your fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello my name Raymond and would be in community college within a few weeks as a freshmen. I have choosen CC because of the economy senerio.
I have serveral issue with CC due to that I'm taking Chemistry and some Medical Students at Columbia University told me it's a bad start. Is that true?

you can take your prerequisites at a CC then transfer to your university.however, you have to take some upper level sciences to show that you can handle the sciences both at CC and your 4 year college. Good luck

you can take your prerequisites at a CC then transfer to your university.however, you have to take some upper level sciences to show that you can handle the sciences both at CC and your 4 year college. Good luck

Ozzi22 I appreciate your time and advice.