Issues in Physical Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwestprept

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am just going through typical interview questions for an upcoming interview at Missouri St. What would you say a current issue in physical therapy is?

Members don't see this ad.

Check out PT blogs. Google them. One of my favorites is PT Think Tank. Browse a few blogs and look for themes that pop up frequently. You can never go wrong with issues like direct access, reimbursement/Affordable Care Act, evidence based practice + integration of clinical expertise, the doctorate vs. master's vs. bachelor's degrees, how the PT industry interacts with physicians and other health care professionals such as chiropractors (interventions and treatments that PTs/chiros/physicians/ATs should and should not perform/administer).

I think the APTA website has a list of current advocacy efforts.

Obviously, I don't think anyone on this forum is going to straight up tell you the "right" answers. You need to decide your personal stance on these issues.

Reactions: 2 users
If you are currently going to college, your school library may have issues of the Physical Therapy Journal, which contains scholarly articles and current research in the field.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have an interview at Missouri State on 10/25, is that when yours is also?

Yup, 10/25. Have you heard anything what the interview is like?

No idea, i started a post a week ago but no one has responded lol
Making me a little nervous hahah