Istanbul Univeristy/Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polish RzuR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am involved in ERASMUS programme next academic year 2007/2008 and this dirrection is one of the options for me.Is there anyone who could give me a clue how does it look like to study on this Uni?Beeing on their site,I've noticed that there are two faculties of medicine in Istanbul?what is the difference between them if there is any?How does is look like to study in Turkey for a man from other part of Europe?I would be grateful for any information:)

best regards

Members don't see this ad.

hey! yes there are two faculties in Istanbul and I am a student one of them. mine is Istanbul Faculty of Medicine (some people call it as "Çapa") and the other's name is Cerrahpaşa as you know. and mine is better of course :D

so you may ask me whatever you want my friend I ll help if I can
hope to see you again

Hi, i'm from Turkey.. I'm studying another medicine school but maybe i can help you if you have a question.. And i think Cerrahpasa is better..

to "mikbal": kızma ama bence Cerrahpasa daha iyi..

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! I'm a med student and I'm interested to find out more about Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine.
I'm from Romania and next year I'll graduate. I'd like to know if I can continue my med education there. I do general medicine now.Thank you.

hi, i did my surgery 4 weeks internship at cerrapasha 2 years ago. as far as i remember this was closer to the center. actually i wasn't even an erasmus student, i organised my stage by myself. i found everybody helpful and most of the doctors spoke quite good english. i ended up accomodated in a girls' guesthouse inside the campus with turkish medstudents, it was lots of fun. i reccomend u to look for a contact person of IFMSA Turkey, those guys might answer your questions.

hey guys!

I m a medical student from Turkey. My university has two medicine faculties and one of them is Cerrahpasa. My faculty is the other one ( and the best :) ) You may ask me if you have some question about doing medicine in Turkey. I ll try to reply :D

Hi, i'm from Turkey.. I'm studying another medicine school but maybe i can help you if you have a question.. And i think Cerrahpasa is better..

to "mikbal": kızma ama bence Cerrahpasa daha iyi..[/QUO

hi.can u pls tell me what are the basic addmission examinations for cerrahpasha?pls

to "mikbal": kızma ama bence Cerrahpasa daha iyi..

we dont have yos exams this year.gechen sene kaldirildi.ama ben turk okul mezunuyum.ingilizce egitim gormek istiyorum cerrahpashada. TOEFL, SAT1 sonuchlari lazim diyolar, ama yine de emin degilim

we dont have yos exams this year.gechen sene kaldirildi.ama ben turk okul mezunuyum.ingilizce egitim gormek istiyorum cerrahpashada. TOEFL, SAT1 sonuchlari lazim diyolar, ama yine de emin degilim

Hande hi :)
The links below may be useful.. as for Cerrahpasa, its reputable, but Hacettepe is the Harvard of Turkey in medicine.. there are info about those schools in the links below, though limited, but I think works for you :)
http://www.valuemd.com/main-europea...-turkey-preparing-accept-turkish-doctors.html
http://www.valuemd.com/main-europea...657-consider-med-education-work-turkey-3.html

By the way, you're right, YOS is outruled and every school has its own criteria and fee now.. but in general (and to my knowledge) they demand to pass TOEFL, SAT and Turkish tests.. of course the higher score the more chance ;)

I am a student in the UK and have been living here all my life, i hold both a turkish and British citizenship. I would like to apply for medicine in istanbul, to universities such as Cerrahpasa in particular but also perhaps Marmara and Yeditepe. I am just wondering what I need to do to apply, based on the research I have done, I have found that I could sit an SAT and apply with that score? I found this on the Cerrahpasa website- the admissions requirements for overseas students to undergraduate programs. However i also found out that I may need to sit the YOS exam. Anybody help me with this?

Hi all,

I currently have a duel citizenship from USA and Turkey. Finished Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry and Masters of Science Pharmaceutical in a well known USA university but I would like to become a doctor and would like to live in Turkey. I am fluent in English and Turkish, my reading and writing in Turkish is a bit rusty. I am considering Cerrahpasa Tip Fakultesi starting 2015 academic year. Please give me advice in admission process, I've checked online about admission requirements online but it only states information about people applying with High School diploma. What entrance exams are required? Please give me advice about studying Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey, mainly about the admission process.

Thank you in advance
clip_image002.png

I am involved in ERASMUS programme next academic year 2007/2008 and this dirrection is one of the options for me.Is there anyone who could give me a clue how does it look like to study on this Uni?Beeing on their site,I've noticed that there are two faculties of medicine in Istanbul?what is the difference between them if there is any?How does is look like to study in Turkey for a man from other part of Europe?I would be grateful for any information:)

best regards
Can

hey guys!

I m a medical student from Turkey. My university has two medicine faculties and one of them is Cerrahpasa. My faculty is the other one ( and the best :) ) You may ask me if you have some question about doing medicine in Turkey. I ll try to reply :D

Hey, I have gotten a medical elective for 2 weeks in Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa school of medicine through an online website called ‘Turkey Electives’ I wanted to know if this is reliable and if you’ve had students interning through this website ever before?

hi, i did my surgery 4 weeks internship at cerrapasha 2 years ago. as far as i remember this was closer to the center. actually i wasn't even an erasmus student, i organised my stage by myself. i found everybody helpful and most of the doctors spoke quite good english. i ended up accomodated in a girls' guesthouse inside the campus with turkish medstudents, it was lots of fun. i reccomend u to look for a contact person of IFMSA Turkey, those guys might answer your questions.

Hey, I have gotten a medical elective for 2 weeks in Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa school of medicine through an online website called ‘Turkey Electives’ I wanted to know if this is reliable and if you’ve had students interning through this website ever before?