It came out of a vagina -- what is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Poety said:
:laugh: I thought you were going into psych asher? haha obgyn is FASCINATING isn't it?
Yeah but the Psych forum doesn't have anything about pulling strange things from a patient's vagina.
Now if we were diagnosing odd mental illnesses in the Psych forum, I wouldn't have to go wandering around in the OB/GYN forum... *grin*

Members don't see this ad.

Asherlauph said:
Yeah but the Psych forum doesn't have anything about pulling strange things from a patient's vagina.
Now if we were diagnosing odd mental illnesses in the Psych forum, I wouldn't have to go wandering around in the OB/GYN forum... *grin*

touche! :p

Well....if the patient has pain with intercourse and there have been no physical findings and the condition may have psychological implications, it may be possible that the item is some sort of sex toy and the patient is uncomfortable discussing the situation(ie sexual issues). She apparently knew something was internal because she fished it out herself.

On the other hand, if it is tissue, maybe she passed a piece of a fibroid that lost blood supply.

Members don't see this ad :)
has the dispareunia gone away since the objects removal?

could be an endometrial polyp or a nabothian cyst.

AtYourCervix said:
could be an endometrial polyp or a nabothian cyst.

are nabothian cysts that large atyourcervix?

never seen one that big, but i imagine it may be possible. could also be a cervical polyp.

Whe cast decidual is accompanied by pain is known as membranous dysmenorrhea.

I liked how the OP pretty much ignored all the side comments suggesting she was the patient and that she's weird for taking the tissue home.

I liked how the OP pretty much ignored all the side comments suggesting she was the patient and that she's weird for taking the tissue home.

I bet it was really her and she just didn't want to admit it and made up the whole back story about interviewing a patient. After all, what second year is sent into an obgyn office? Very few schools do rotations that early and from what I've heard, most schools who have early exposure to clinical settings limit it to IM/FM/peds.