It is the season...and it was only a matter of time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehc012

Big Damn Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is always nice to see the thought that the mods put into this forum for us! Happy holidays, SDN. It was a good year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
And here I was thinking I was making all sorts of crazy typo's....:rofl:

Reactions: 9 users
Have they gone and forked up the words we type? Those silly billies.

Members don't see this ad :)
And here I was thinking I was making all sorts of crazy typo's....:rofl:
I confess, I initially made a post on another thread calling the trend out...suspected that people's cellphone keyboards were learning the phrase from holiday-themed texting and autocorrecting things.

Have they gone and forked up the words we type? Those silly billies.
They would NEVER!!

This one is adorable, though the perfectionist in me itches to change them to 'tis and 'twas (instead of the capital T), both for contraction correctness and to avoid capitalization woes.

This is the first thing that's given me real holiday spirit (sad, I know)...SDN is a wonderful place at times!

Reactions: 2 users
They would NEVER!!

This one is adorable, though the perfectionist in me itches to change them to 'tis and 'twas (instead of the capital T), both for contraction correctness and to avoid capitalization woes.

This is the first thing that's given me real holiday spirit (sad, I know)...SDN is a wonderful place at times!
It is. It is indeed. Merry Christmas and FSM bless us, everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
What are you expecting for Christmas this year, @mehc012 ?
I have never in my life asked for a Christmas gift (seriously, as a child I was once grounded because I couldn't bring myself to come up with ANYthing and it stressed all of my aunts and uncles out) and I usually try not to think about it because it feels odd to me to expect people to give me things, for free.

We actually had major xmas drama this year and decided not to celebrate :( We even undecorated the tree, until we realized that it was waaayy more awkward to sit in the living room next to a naked evergreen and threw a few token ornaments back on. I think we'll cave and do something, but even if so, only one person will be doing gifts since she JUST told us today that she was changing it up and planning to give presents. So, uh, yeah...you can see why I hadn't gotten in the holiday mood yet this year :laugh:

How about you? Did you get yourself a little something?

I have never in my life asked for a Christmas gift (seriously, as a child I was once grounded because I couldn't bring myself to come up with ANYthing and it stressed all of my aunts and uncles out) and I usually try not to think about it because it feels odd to me to expect people to give me things, for free.

We actually had major xmas drama this year and decided not to celebrate :( We even undecorated the tree, until we realized that Twas waaayy more awkward to sit in the living room next to a naked evergreen and threw a few token ornaments back on. I think we'll cave and do something, but even if so, only one person will be doing gifts since she JUST told us today that she was changing it up and planning to give presents. So, uh, yeah...you can see why I hadn't gotten in the holiday mood yet this year :laugh:
It sounds like Festivus might be a better holiday for you and yours lol. Sorry you've had such an awkward holiday.

I'm getting an updated eyeglass Rx and lenses as mine are outdated and scratched and I'm finally getting some Rx sunglasses :soexcited:. My brother and I are going to take our parents to see the Hobbit and for some Japanese food. I might also get a massage coupon so I can get this damned persistent crick worked out of my neck!

What did they do this time? I remember in April words were changed to fit a pirate theme

It sounds like Festivus might be a better holiday for you and yours lol. Sorry you've had such an awkward holiday.

I'm getting an updated eyeglass Rx and lenses as mine are outdated and scratched and I'm finally getting some Rx sunglasses :soexcited:. My brother and I are going to take our parents to see the Hobbit and for some Japanese food. I might also get a massage coupon so I can get this damned persistent crick worked out of my neck!
Nice! Always good to get gifts which are somehow both luxurious and useful, no?

We'll get back into Christmas...we just added someone to the family who doesn't really do holidays, so we're just trying to put all of the pieces together and figure out our new balance. Or we won't, and it will go the way of Easter and birthdays and other childhood celebrations :shrug: I really, really like holidays, but I also recognize that our family is super close and happy and I'm totally fine with us just winging it and forget the random traditions of a religion none of us ascribe to. Why worry about xmas presents...generally, we just buy each other random gifts on random days because we saw something and went 'wow, mehc would LOVE that I have to give it to her and I am so excited to make her happy that I can't wait until some specified day!" In some ways, random and unexpected celebrations are even better, you know?

Lol, I suppose they're only extending holiday cheer to the grammatically correct this year. That makes it EVEN MORE SDN, even if unintentional.
It also puts me more firmly into the 'tis and 'twas camp!

Edit: awww, you changed it.
What did they do this time? I remember in April words were changed to fit a pirate theme

Reactions: 1 users
Nice! Always good to get gifts which are somehow both luxurious and useful, no?

We'll get back into Christmas...we just added someone to the family who doesn't really do holidays, so we're just trying to put all of the pieces together and figure out our new balance. Or we won't, and it will go the way of Easter and birthdays and other childhood celebrations :shrug: I really, really like holidays, but I also recognize that our family is super close and happy and I'm totally fine with us just winging it and forget the random traditions of a religion none of us ascribe to. Why worry about xmas presents...generally, we just buy each other random gifts on random days because we saw something and went 'wow, mehc would LOVE that I have to give it to her and I am so excited to make her happy that I can't wait until some specified day!" In some ways, random and unexpected celebrations are even better, you know?
Yeah, the "christmas spirit" thing has always seemed odd to me. Makes one wonder why it is at this time of year we're all warm and fuzzy inside and most willing to give when we really should be doing it all year around. Your family sounds a bit odd yet cool lol!

And yes, I like my Ray Bans. Very premium, indeed. :smuggrin:

Lol, I suppose they're only extending holiday cheer to the grammatically correct this year. That makes it EVEN MORE SDN, even if unintentional.
It also puts me more firmly into the 'tis and 'twas camp!

Edit: awww, you changed it.

I must be missing it completely. I've no idea what they changed?

It's, its,

edit: there we go, it's

Reactions: 1 user
I remember in April words were changed to fit a pirate theme
12ce7.jpg
uk4.jpg