ITA email prior to upcoming trip abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehc012

Big Damn Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For schools which accept in the area emails, would it be acceptable to send one to inform/remind schools of an upcoming (long) departure from the country, after which it will be very expensive for me to fly back for interviews? I mentioned the trip in most of my secondaries, but not in my primary application.

The way I see it, rather than "I will be in the same city as your school for this week" I would simply be saying "I will be in the same country as your school for the next two months."

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be appropriate. You could send it as kind of an update/ITA in one, where you mention that you'll be leaving the country and if you are being considered for an interview if it could try to be arranged by X date.

Are you me? I'm doing the same thing, but I'm planning on leaving in February. I've been kind of worried about missing interviews because of it, and I think it sounds appropriate

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it would be appropriate. You could send it as kind of an update/ITA in one, where you mention that you'll be leaving the country and if you are being considered for an interview if it could try to be arranged by X date.
Yes, exactly what I was thinking of, though I don't really have any updates other than the program itself if I didn't mention it in my secondary.
I can interview after the new year starts, but it will require a minimum of $800-$1000 per interview instead of, you know, $0-$500 (depending on location and timing). Plus, the program I am doing understands leaving for interviews...to a point, after which I will be missing valuable experiences that are the whole point of the trip!

Thanks guys!

Yes, exactly what I was thinking of, though I don't really have any updates other than the program itself if I didn't mention it in my secondary.
I can interview after the new year starts, but it will require a minimum of $800-$1000 per interview instead of, you know, $0-$500 (depending on location and timing). Plus, the program I am doing understands leaving for interviews...to a point, after which I will be missing valuable experiences that are the whole point of the trip!

Thanks guys!
Send one to VCU...maybe they'll review your file :lol: