It's official - hydrocododone combo products are CII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if this will increase ED visits? How many times are pts in a lot of pain, and a small dose of 10 hydrocodone tabs and a "see you Monday mornin or during.your nxt visit" delayed the need the need to seethe patient asap. I ma not implying I would do this all the time, but special circumstances always arise, and it would save a trip to the emergency department

No.

FYI u can still call in an emergency 5 day supply of any opioid. The change in schedule doesn't prevent this heinous and irresponsible practice.

Okay I'm exaggerating a little but u now know how I feel about emergency opioid scripts....

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw a patient getting Norco 10's #180/month with 5 refills for chronic headaches. His POS neurologist is retiring.. Wtf?!? Finally this **** will stop

Excellent news - but get ready for the increase in patient volume of patients demanding prescriptions.

In Texas, Schedule II's must be written on a pad that must be purchased from the state. If more than one Rx is written, it must have a "Do not fill before" date. If the person doesn't go in within a week the Rx expires. No call-in Rx's.

45 days from tomorrow is October 6th. I would imagine that any refills of hydrocodone will be invalid after that date.

Excellent news - but get ready for the increase in patient volume of patients demanding prescriptions.
Well NYState went through this last year.
Grumbling to be sure but, as far as I am aware, no great increase in patient volume throughout the state...

Not expecting an increase in patient volume. Just a transfer of care from PCPs to pain docs

Still referral/transfer of care may lead to more non-opiate options/ interventions for better pain control.

They need to make benzos class II also