IU School of Optometry Admissions Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optogirl710

IU School of Optometry
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been interviewing with some other optometry schools and had a question regarding IU's Admission Day. I understand they do not have formal interviews. I received an invitation and I have accepted the offer. How do they decide who they admit? Do they base it on your application? I can't find any information on this. Could someone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I went already and they basically decide from your application. As long as you dont act like a weirdo on admission day you should be fine. The day mostly consists of a tour, lunch, an information session for financial aid, and a question and answer session.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does the discussion panel consist of for both the one with IUSO faculty and with current students? How should I prepare for this? Am I going to be asked questions? or is it just me asking questions?

What does the discussion panel consist of for both the one with IUSO faculty and with current students? How should I prepare for this? Am I going to be asked questions? or is it just me asking questions?

It is basically you and the other candidates asking faculty and current students anything you specifically want to know about the program! Research the site, and bring a list of things you would want to know if you plan to attend. We asked the students about daily life, living arrangements, etc. They won't be asking you anything, so don't sweat it too much. It's a really relaxed day for you to get the info you need to make your decision. Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 users