I've gotta be missing something in uworld's CCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yayforscrambling

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
can we write orders in uworld's CCS? for example, the first case, bread and butter UTI... I can't do s.hit

all i can do is get more hx, etc... how do i write an order in uworld? yes, i know we need a bHCG, UA, etc... and yes, I know we do a 3 day of bactrim, but how the hell do we do all that? or is that something we are going to be able to do on test day and that u world is just structured on us memorizing the "explanation" of each case?

please unconfuse me

Members don't see this ad.

I understand how confusing CCS could be in the beginning....the time on CCS is not the same as Real Time. You will need to advance patient time or simulated time to get to results. If you want to complete 3 days of antibiotics, you need to advance clock by 3 days and ask the patient to come back to office to check if his symptoms resolved or not. Sometimes the case may end before you get to 3 days office visit but sometimes the case lets you go until then so you can recheck and follow up on patients. Monitoring the patient after starting any medicine or any intervention is very highly scored on CCS. So bringing the patient back after 3 days in your example will be regarded as follow-up care and you get score for it. You can practice cases on uworld ccs and it is good,..... but there are some changes from NBME (exam) software so practice on the exam software also by downloading them from http://usmle.org/practice-materials/step-3/case-studies-feedback/long-feedback.html . I also found ********** very helpful in addition to Uworld. In fact, if you did Archer before Uworld you would have most questions answered so uworld practice will flow with ease. ********** actually shows you steps on Examination software and demonstrates many high-yield cases right on the Exam software .