I've had a rough go

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jg24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so far in college. I am on the autistic spectrum ( high functioning) and have battled with depression and anxiety off and on. I haven't graduated college yet, but I have a 2.4 GPA on 60 some credits with 20 Ws. I am feeling great now and I want to pursue my dream of medicine. If I work really hard, I can pull my GPA up to about a 3.1-3.3 using DO grade replacement. My science GPA could be bumped to a 3.7-4.0 using DO grade replacement. I know there are a lot of ifs, but do I have a chance at any DO school if I work really hard now that I finally feel I'm on the right track mentally?

Members don't see this ad.

There are several schools that reward reinvention. You have a long road of GPA remediation ahead of you. Keeping yourself on track "mentally" will be the most important part.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the responses. Just out of curiosity, could you list those schools? Thanks.

I'd focus on your improvement NOW over bothering with what schools may appreciate your efforts 2-3 years from now.

As you said, there are a lot of if's involved and it may be better to take it one step at a time. You're mid semester (?), so focus on making this the best you can. Then focus on acing summer or fall term. Rinse and repeat, then worry about the details for applying.