jacked up fees...AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teething

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I called AADSAS yesterday and found out what this year's application fees are going to be.

$195-1st school
$60 each-next nine schools
$50 each-schools #11-20

All that money to make copies? Come on!!! We are not doctors yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Boooo! AADSAS. Atleast it is one more thing I can add to the "reasons you should be paying dragonfly more". It isn't as compelling as "if dragonfly leaves for another lab, she can make more money and you will be screwed" reason, but it helps. . .

Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't good news, I'm broke already.
How many schools should we apply now?
T

Hi, If I pay the applicaton fee to AADSAS, I don't have to pay anything to the school, do I? Thanks.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by laphikhanh:
•Hi, If I pay the applicaton fee to AADSAS, I don't have to pay anything to the school, do I? Thanks.•••••ahh...if only it were that way....unfortunately you will have to pay application fees to the individual schools as well...usually about $50-$75 or so...but just check the AADSAS code book for the amount and when you send it in....

"ahh...if only it were that way....unfortunately you will have to pay application fees to the individual schools as well...usually about $50-$75 or so...but just check the AADSAS code book for the amount and when you send it in.... "

------------------------------

So it means for each school, I need to pay: AADSAS fee ($195-first or $60-next) + school application fee ($50-$75) ?? When do I have to pay to the school? Thanks.

it depends on the school...some schools want you to send it in right away, some schools will ask for it when they send you the interview letter, some will want it with their secondary application. When you download the AADSAS codes for schools, there will be a section of what each school wants and when you should send it in.

1x$195 + 9 x$60 = $735 if applying for 10 schools plus, application fee for each school!!

Oh,my God...!

They consider we can afford to pay doctor's salary...It's absurd...it increased by 50% compared to last year..

Do you think this will prevent or hold people back from shot gunning applications out to 15-20 schools? Could we see a decline in applicants (really same # of applicants but applying to fewer schools.)

DATMATT

Hey DATMATT,

I definately think that this will force applicants to think twice about applying randomly to schools. People will research the school more thoroughly in order to see if they are compatible applicants. For example, the University of Washington caters to in state residents, but so many people apply from out of state just to get a shot, but there is going to be a huge decline of applications due to raised fees and applicants being more meticulous about the schools they are applying to.

DesiDentist

I am getting stressed just thinking about the fee increase!! I don't know how to come up with the cash in about a month, what are we supposed to do, rob a bank or something??? How do you guys plan on getting the money together in time to pay AADSAS' ransom??

Here is my idea of getting money:

Plan A:

DesiD: Hey dad, you look good today

Dad: Hmm, thanks... what do you want

DesiD: Can't a son say nice things to his dad without wanting anything.

Dad: No

DesiD: I need $5,000 to apply to dental school

Dad: Oh, I see. if I give you $5,000 right now with interest for the next 5 years that will be $15,000. Is that a deal?

DesiD: Sounds good to me.

Plan B:

DesiD: (Driving to the closest Quik-E-Mart)

Abu: Hello my brother, would you like a slushie?

DesiD: Yeah, gimme a tootie fruitie

Abu: (Turns to get a tootie fruitie slushie)

DesiD: Pulls out a GAT, gimme $5,000 dollars while you're at it.

Abu: (Shocked) But you are my brown brother. Okay hold on. (goes and gets the money)

DesiD: (drinking the slushie) Yummy...thanks bro, I'll get you back when I become a dentist.

Abu: (Confused)These Damn dentists, out to get me for my money.

One of these plans will work. Hopefully Plan A, because Abu is a good friend of mine. Why don't you tell me your ideas.

DesiDentist

Wow, this year's cycle is getting screwed. AADSAS is a damn monoply. I can say that because I don't need them anymore. Don't forget all the $ you have to spend traveling to all the interviews. I'm from Hawaii so I had to fly everywhere which cost me mucho dinero.