Jan. 2014 Examiners Unite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misplacedshadow

Underclass Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone here postpone their exam to or are planning to take the exam on January 2014? It's the final year in the old format without the new psychology/biochemistry section.

My reason for postponing to January is because I got a bit too lazy in the studying process and will be starting a new job soon, so my September date is too soon for me to be ready to tackle the beast. So I postponed to January. Anyone else out there in a similar situation, any way if there is we have about 5 months of studying to do for this exam.

I plan on starting tonight. Let's try to inspire, motivate, offer a shoulder to cry on, and give advice to our fellow peers who have postponed their exam to Jan or will plan to register in Jan.

Please don't act negatively towards your fellow sdners, or kick them when they are down. I know this happens a lot here in these forums. Keep your bad comments to yourself because we are all friends here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
2015 mcat should have a passage about the physiological effects of an internet troll. Cardiac arrhythmia is probably the first thing to arise following a heavy troll. LOOOL.

MCAT-induced hypertension, perhaps?

Reactions: 1 user
2015 mcat should have a passage about the physiological effects of an internet troll. Cardiac arrhythmia is probably the first thing to arise following a heavy troll. LOOOL.

wow that's hilarious. you really know how to have fun.

wow you are really a hilarious person. I particularly like how you explained the joke after no one laughed.

remember the name SLUMDOGPREMED when the scores come out. ill post my scores and for all those ive trolled, you can rejoice if I failed hahaha

remember the name SLUMDOGPREMED when the scores come out. ill post my scores and for all those ive trolled, you can rejoice if I failed hahaha
You've already lost credibility with me. I'm highly expecting you to "get a 43" and wonder if you should apply for the Caribbean.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The mod who gave him probationary status deserves a high five :clap:

I feel like I scored between 40-44 but with verbal being verbal, my score can potentially be 39 or even 38. ughhhh i hate verbal

I am now inspired to figure out how to use the ignore feature. Best of luck everyone! Should be a little more than an hour away.

wow, all this drama because the AAMC can't release mcat scores right after you take the test like almost every other standardized test (GRE and DAT) =/. Talk about unnecessary.

Good luck everyone! Remember to use this format when posting scores to help others looking at this thread later:

Test Date:
Post-Test Expected Score:
Actual Score:
Comments:

I think I said this once before...I was hoping for a 30 +...but at this point I say screw the AAMC and the 30 day wait and give me the dang 28 and we'll call it good.

Test Date: 1/25
Post-Test Expected Score: anywhere from 32-36
Actual Score: 33 12VR / 10 PS / 11 BS
Comments: Happy I still scored around my average. Felt like I could have done better but overall I think I was lucky to get a 10 in PS. My BS was lower than expected but I was burnt out by the end. Pleased overall.

Reactions: 7 users
Post-Test Expected Score: 24-30
Actual Score: 31 --> 13VR / 08 PS / 10 BS
Comments: Elated. Beyond elated. My AAMC average was 29. Only scored over a 30 once on any practice test.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Scores are out! Good luck. Remember to use this:

Test Date:
Post-Test Expected Score:
Actual Score:
Comments:

Test Date: 1/23
Post-Test Expected Score: 36-38 based on practice test trends
Actual Score: (PS/VR/BS) 12-12-13 for a 37
Comments: Happy I think... I was hoping for something near my high practice tests like a 39-41, but the rational part of my mind is happy. Glad this is over!

Post-Test Expected Score: mid-20's
Actual Score: 27 --- VR (11) PS (6) BS (10)
Comments: This is what I get for half ass studying for 3 weeks during school. I knew I f'ed up PS during the test (I didn't study GChem and most of my test was that) but a 6! That hurts! VR is lower than usual too. :/ As dumb as this sounds, I'm happy I got a 27 so I will feel good about retaking. I'm done with school next month and plan on studying my butt off to retake in May.

Test Date: 1/23
Post-Test Expected Score: AAMC scores ranged from 33-38 (38 on AAMC 11, 33 on AAMC 10)
Actual Score: 36 (12 PS / 11 VR / 13 BS)
Comments: I took the MCAT 3 years ago and got a 32 (12/10/10). I only retook because my score expired. Guess it's a good thing I did. Funny thing is that I studied like crazy 3 years ago and this time I barely studied at all. I think just being older and going through some upper-level classes helped out a lot. And I got the better end of luck this time.

Test Date: 1/25/2014
Post-Test Expected Score: 13PS / 10VR / 12BS
Actual Score: 12PS / 8VR / 12BS = 32
Comments: I'm happy with the BS score. I know I suck at VR but I need a 10 at lease. =(

Last edited:
Post-Test Expected Score: mid-20's
Actual Score: 27 --- VR (11) PS (6) BS (10)
Comments: This is what I get for half ass studying for 3 weeks during school. I knew I f'ed up PS during the test (I didn't study GChem and most of my test was that) but a 6! That hurts! VR is lower than usual too. :/ As dumb as this sounds, I'm happy I got a 27 so I will feel good about retaking. I'm done with school next month and plan on studying my butt off to retake in May.

You'll destroy it on the retake man.