January MCAT date in NYC- will pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jk50

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if anyone in NYC has already taken the current mcat before and has reserved a seat in ny for january, I'd really appreciate if I could buy your seat. I've been studying for the past 6 months continuously (even with a 16 credit course load) for this test and because of the lack of seats I most likely wont even be able to take it. Imagine my frustration after hours of hard work and days of frustration trying to balance the mcat and my courses and I'm not even going to be able to take it.

You might ask "well why didn't you sign up for it in June or something when there were plenty of seats?" Well, I signed up for November, and as you guys know, you can't sign up for multiple tests. I didn't take November's exam because I got sick with the flu, having to no-show.

That's why I'm asking if there is anyone on here who has taken the mcat, has done well and is only trying to take it to go up a point or challenge themselves. If you are, I kindly ask if I can buy your seat, because I desperately need it. I'll give you $500.00 if I get the seat. PM me if you're interested. I'm new to sdn so hope this doesn't go against the rules but I'm really desperate. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can't buy seats. Regardless of the morality of it, the seats aren't automatically opened up when somebody cancels their reservation. AAMC releases them in blocks that are immediately pounced upon within seconds by ravenous pre-meds trying to cop an advantage. It sucks that you couldn't take the November exam, I feel sorry for you.

Are you operating under the assumption that the 2015 one is much harder? The current one is really freakin' hard. Based on the sample questions I saw, the 2015 MCAT will not be that much more challenging. It will simply be longer.

Trust me I have no misconception that the current one is easy by any means, however it tests courses that I have taken and am very familiar with by now. The new one tests biochemistry, something I'd have to teach myself or take a course on since I haven't taken it.

Hey guys, if anyone in NYC has already taken the current mcat before and has reserved a seat in ny for january, I'd really appreciate if I could buy your seat. I've been studying for the past 6 months continuously (even with a 16 credit course load) for this test and because of the lack of seats I most likely wont even be able to take it. Imagine my frustration after hours of hard work and days of frustration trying to balance the mcat and my courses and I'm not even going to be able to take it.

You might ask "well why didn't you sign up for it in June or something when there were plenty of seats?" Well, I signed up for November, and as you guys know, you can't sign up for multiple tests. I didn't take November's exam because I got sick with the flu, having to no-show.

That's why I'm asking if there is anyone on here who has taken the mcat, has done well and is only trying to take it to go up a point or challenge themselves. If you are, I kindly ask if I can buy your seat, because I desperately need it. I'll give you $500.00 if I get the seat. PM me if you're interested. I'm new to sdn so hope this doesn't go against the rules but I'm really desperate. Thanks!

Yes, as mentioned above, the seats don't become available immediately upon cancellations. My advice to you is to keep checking every 5 minutes 24/7 and specially around important dates (cancellation, reschedule deadline, etc) and seats WILL open up. The reason AAMC doesn't open up more dates isn't because they are *****s, they do anticipate a lot of people cancelling their tests (it has been like this for years now).

A lot of people have signed up to take the current MCAT but find themselves busy with school work and will cancel closer to the date.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could write a bot to periodically refresh the page every 5m or so and reserve a seat whenever they become available. I would use AutoIt or something like that.

I had no idea I could do that lol pretty cool, I'll give it a shot

You could write a bot to periodically refresh the page every 5m or so and reserve a seat whenever they become available. I would use AutoIt or something like that.

Yes, as mentioned above, the seats don't become available immediately upon cancellations. My advice to you is to keep checking every 5 minutes 24/7 and specially around important dates (cancellation, reschedule deadline, etc) and seats WILL open up. The reason AAMC doesn't open up more dates isn't because they are *****s, they do anticipate a lot of people cancelling their tests (it has been like this for years now).

A lot of people have signed up to take the current MCAT but find themselves busy with school work and will cancel closer to the date.

True they're not *****s but their motive is to get everyone to take the new test. Anyway I appreciate the response, gna keep trying