January MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ungu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I applied this application season and already attended some interviews. I am considering re-taking the MCAT in January because my score was pretty low. If I would score significantly higher, would medical schools consider my new score? I know they technically don't accept anything after September, but I had read a few stories of people who received interviews after taking the Jan. MCAT. If I would take the test and do the same or worse, would the schools I applied to be able to see the score? (Would AMCAS release the score to them, even though it would be past Sept.?)
Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

some schools let you, and others don't. most of them do let you if you are wait-listed. go to the schools' websites or call their admissions offices

considering re-taking the MCAT in January because my score was pretty low. If I would score significantly higher, would medical schools consider my new score? I know they technically don't accept anything after September, but I had read a few stories of people who received interviews after taking the Jan. MCAT. If I would take the test and do the same or worse, would the schools I applied to be able to see the score? (Would AMCAS release the score to them, even though it would be past Sept.?)
Thanks for the advice.
If you take the MCAT in January, all schools you applied to have the ability to see the score, whether it's better, same, or worse. Only two AMCAS schools "officially" accept the January score (Ponce and Howard), but if you know of folks whose late MCAT was otherwise considered, start to take note of which schools they were.