Job interview question (pre-med related) (low gpa)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedbrah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a job interview for a scribe position at a local hospital. They are requiring that I present transcripts from all high education institutions. Unfortunately I have a few pretty poor grades, and I'm having to retake one class from last semester. Besides good interview skills, is there anyway to best explain these types of situations if asked? I'm nervous that I've made it this far in the job process, but now my chances are going to be ruined due to a few poor grades that I am currently working towards re-taking.

The good news is that I have a good amount of clinical hours that I am hoping will offset my grades (REALLY HOPING) from the same hospital.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Be honest about why you have those low grades, but don't blame teachers.

"I struggled with this type of math, and this time I'm retaking it and getting tutoring."
"I didn't study enough, but I learned my lesson and that's why the next year my grade improved." etc...

No one really cares about the grade itself. They care about why and if you learned something from doing poorly at something.

Reactions: 1 users
Be honest about why you have those low grades, but don't blame teachers.

"I struggled with this type of math, and this time I'm retaking it and getting tutoring."
"I didn't study enough, but I learned my lesson and that's why the next year my grade improved." etc...

No one really cares about the grade itself. They care about why and if you learned something from doing poorly at something.
That's good advice thank you. I'll make sure to show how the grades helped me to improve and adapt, particularly with time management and study skills. I'm just afraid that I won't get hired because of a few poor grades. I'd never blame the professor, as I know it's my responsibility to do well.

Reactions: 1 user