Job market insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy7424

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduating in a few weeks. Major metropolitan area in northeast, considered by everybody to be saturated. I had no problem finding multiple jobs in the area. Also was made substantial offers to travel west for a smaller city, but not a rural, area.

There are going to be a lot more pharmacists in the coming years. The jobs are scarce now and that will only continue to worsen. The jobs will mainly come from knowing people who actually do the hiring.

HOWEVER, and this is the uplifting part, and the reason for my post, is that the 'good' people are not increasing in number. Instead, the amount of mediocre pharmacists will increase in number, however they do not and will never directly compete with the 'good' people. If you are a good person, competent, communicate well, and most importantly friendly and easy to get along with, you will be just fine. (like me).

If this does not apply to you, or you are wondering what the hell I am talking about, I recommend you switch career tracks now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The problem is that many others also believe that they are just as good, competent, and easy to get along with as you are, and that they will win when there are others who are more qualified than they are. You're a special snowflake, just like everyone else.

The problem is that many others also believe that they are just as good, competent, and easy to get along with as you are, and that they will win when there are others who are more qualified than they are. You're a special snowflake, just like everyone else.

yeah, competency... but you guys forgot connections... real life is more complicated.... :caution: :thinking: