Job opportunities in Atlanta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msgsk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys -

Does anyone have any insight into the job market in Atlanta? I'm a board certified attending, been out about seven years and planning to move to Atlanta from the midwest. I'm used to $225-$250 per hour range. I know that's higher than most areas, but are there such opportunities available? I don't know anything about the market there or the various groups so thought I'd start with you guys to see if anyone had advice/input...

My SO is going to be starting SRNA at Emory (Grady specifically) so we'll probably be staying close to that hospital).

Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Those numbers are attainable in atlanta. I would say 220 is prob average for IC. Apollo is a large employer. Schumacher has a few contracts in southern atlanta. Emcare and Kaiser are other names in town. Most jobs are independent contractors. The other jobs are usually hospital employee or small single contract private groups. If you are gonna stay in the city, Atlanta Medical Center would be a decent option.

Members don't see this ad :)