Jobs in Grenada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missnashvilletime

CSU c/o 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I searched the threads but didn't find anything pertaining to my question.
I am awaiting to hear back from a couple vet schools, but this is my 3rd cycle so I'm beginning an application to SGU for fall 2017 so I can be in a school for sure by the time my MS here at A&M is finished.

So with that said, my wonderful mechanical engineer boyfriend would like to move with me if that becomes a thing (though I am planning to give schools stateside 1 more chance with the 2016 VMCAS). Does anyone know if he will be able to find a job on the Island/near campus? Obviously with the huge amount of debt I will have he would like to have a job before going to Grenada.

If anyone knows, or was in a similar position it would be great to hear from you!

Members don't see this ad.

No, it is extremely unlikely he could get a job. He might be able to do something administrative for the school, but it's very uncommon.

Yeah I've heard that non-Grenadians are not really allowed to work in Grenada because the unemployment rate is so high, they want to give jobs to their own people (admirable, I must say). So as jmo said, very unlikely unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jobs/visas are only available to foreigners (in general) if a national could not fill the role
Hi, there are other ways to keep busy and make money in Grenada than an official JOB. Look in to online consulting, tutoring, photography, etc. If there are companies in Florida/Miami that allow for telecommuting, then it would be worth pursuing as the travel back and forth is feasible. Hope that helps!

Hi, there are other ways to keep busy and make money in Grenada than an official JOB. Look in to online consulting, tutoring, photography, etc. If there are companies in Florida/Miami that allow for telecommuting, then it would be worth pursuing as the travel back and forth is feasible. Hope that helps!
I knew a couple of people that did telecommuting typenwork, but it was very difficult for them because of spotty service.

I have been MIA with my MS this past semester (I'm doing non-thesis but I did get recruited on to a research project so I have been terribly busy). I just wanted to thank you all for your input! Currently, since my boyfriend is in his second year of his career and will be in his third by the time I'd be matriculating the current plan is for him to stay here (or wherever his job takes him) and we will just deal with the distance.

On the up-side: I did just receive notification that I am getting an interview! Which is very exciting and will be my first vet school interview!

I know a few of you guys commenting have gone/are going to SGU do you have any pointers? What is the interview process like?

Thank you again for all your help!