jobs not available for overseas dentists in uk or us

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mass

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that if you qualify from india and you want to work in usa or uk afterwards, there is certain favourism for home grown graduates?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true that if you qualify from india and you want to work in usa or uk afterwards, there is certain favourism for home grown graduates?

Dental graduates from India may bypass the DAT and join some dental schools here in the United States from year 2 onwards. You tend to pay higher tuition compared to the rest, making it as expensive as it will be for a 4 year program. Some schools will even require that you score 600 on TOEFL, but I believe students from India may be waived on that.

Dental graduates from India may bypass the DAT and join some dental schools here in the United States from year 2 onwards. You tend to pay higher tuition compared to the rest, making it as expensive as it will be for a 4 year program. Some schools will even require that you score 600 on TOEFL, but I believe students from India may be waived on that.

hey thanks for this brief info, can i ask you, say i finished mds degree in india, can i join a us college or do I need to get certain amount of marks?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey thanks for this brief info, can i ask you, say i finished mds degree in india, can i join a us college or do I need to get certain amount of marks?

With a MBBS from India, you need not go through the same route as the dental path. All you'll need to do is to pass both USMLE 1 & 2 and begin practicing here in the US. You should certainly try taking USMLE 1 while pursuing your medical degree in India. If you pass it, it will be good for 7 or 8 years, during which you may stive to sit for USMLE 2 upon finishing your MBBS there. But you need be aware that foreign doctors are always limited to three primary areas, i.e. family practice, internal medicine, and pediatrics. Some unpopular ones like radiology has also been opened up for foreign trained doctors lately.

With a MBBS from India, you need not go through the same route as the dental path. All you'll need to do is to pass both USMLE 1 & 2 and begin practicing here in the US. You should certainly try taking USMLE 1 while pursuing your medical degree in India. If you pass it, it will be good for 7 or 8 years, during which you may stive to sit for USMLE 2 upon finishing your MBBS there. But you need be aware that foreign doctors are always limited to three primary areas, i.e. family practice, internal medicine, and pediatrics. Some unpopular ones like radiology has also been opened up for foreign trained doctors lately.

I am only interested in dentistry and that it is what I will be studying in india from next year.