Jobs that allow considerable time to complete homework while on-duty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bwgower

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any jobs at the Associate or Bachelor of Psychology level that allows for a considerable amount of time to complete homework on-the-job? I am currently a 911 EMT-Basic, and I love the fact that I can work two days a week and do my homework while on-duty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yup. I used to work overnight shift at a group residence. Not the healthiest thing I've ever done, but boy could I get a lot of studying done on shift.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the overnight position.

I worked as a polysomnographic (PSG) tech (i.e., I conducted sleep studies in a hospital sleep lab). We ate while working. There definitely was no downtime for studying. Contrast this with a position I held at a residential neurorehab facility. Overnight shift positions had a lot of downtime. I was able to catch up on my movie viewing during the wee hours of the morning. :rolleyes:

Yup. I used to work overnight shift at a group residence. Not the healthiest thing I've ever done, but boy could I get a lot of studying done on shift.

These seem to be kush jobs in my area. More than minimum wage and not a whole lot of responsibility.