Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Jobs

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by drusso, 08.12.04.

1. drusso

drusso Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    From time to time I'll post sample recruitment advertisements to give medical students and residents an idea of the various kinds of practice opportunities available in PM&R. I encourage other "regulars" to do the same. Again, the intention of these ads is to help those interested in the field get a sense of the variety of practice opportunities available.

-------------------------------

California - Two-person outpatient rehabilitation practice focusing on
    occupational medicine is seeking a third physician to join this growing
    practice. This dynamic practice offers outstanding growth potential.

Mississippi - Interventional anesthesiology practice seeks physiatrist for 100% outpatient practice opportunity. Fellowship training ideal but not required. This is both a pain management and rehabilitation position.

New York - This dynamic and progressive university medical center PM&R program is seeking a BC/BQ physiatrist to join its team. The program provides inpatient and outpatient general physiatric services as well as clinical teaching of residents and medical students. The successful candidate will demonstrate organizational, teaching and leadership skills.

Pennsylvania - Director for center of excellence in pain management (non-
    interventional). This 63-bed freestanding not-for-profit hospital which offers
    many levels of rehabilitation is recruiting a physiatrist to lead and develop a
    center of excellence in non-interventional pain rehabilitation.

Pennsylvania - Medical Director for a 40-bed free-standing rehabilitation
    hospital. This hospital is part of a Level 1 trauma/teaching medical center.
    TBI experience would be a plus. This hospital is also seeking a staff
    physiatrist.

Virginia - Physiatrist to join a 40-bed freestanding rehabilitation hospital.
    This opportunity is an outpatient position focusing on neuromuscular rehab.
    This organization is a growing vibrant organization.

Additional opportunities in Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, New Jersey, Nevada,
    Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Tennessee are also posted on our website at www.pmandr.com. Other opportunities will be posted as they become available. Please let us know if you are aware of anyone who may be interested in any of these positions.

Thank you
    Parvaze Bashir
    PM&R Resources
    Tel: (714) 665-6920
    Fax: (714) 665-6928
    Email to: parvaze@pmandr.com
  2. Spine

Spine New Member

My question is, why would you need to do a fellowship if you are going in to your own solo practice since 95% of all the procedures that you do are:

1-Selectives nerve blocks
    2-Epidurals
    3-Medial branch blocks
    4-SI Injections

You can learn these procedures fairly well during your training or by way of courses. Is there something else that I am missing?
    As far as privilages at surgery centers it is not a problem, plus leasing of the equipments are about 1 to 2k per month.

I am intrested to know what others are thinking.
  3. paz5559

paz5559

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Regarding the why? Two ideas

reimbursement issues - they may not pay you down the line unless you have specialized training

malpractice liability - picture yourself on the witness stand after a misadventure, and the plaintiff's attorney asks "Dr., don't most interventionists spend a year in fellowship to be trained in this area? Yet you felt a weekend course was sufficient?"

Also, just how comfortable would you really be doing cervical transforaminal injections after even an ISIS course

As for your 1-2K a month figure, I have not priced the leasing costs myself, but i know to purchase a C-arm alone costs between 150-200K, so that figure seems low to me

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal