Johns Hopkins 2015 Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I had a really hard time picking!! I really like compounding..but I also chose the critical care (which everyone wants too lol). We'll see!

Yeah I couldn't tell over the phone, but I thought I had two people asking me questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it went well. My first question kind of threw me off a little bit, but after that I felt good with my responses. I chose:

1. Critical Care
2. Transitions of Care
3. Investigational Drug Research

What about you guys?

My ranking was
1. Critical Care
2. Pediatric
3. Adult Inpatient

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Critical Care
2. Arcade outpatient pharmacy with pediatric compounding
3. Education training and personnel development

Hi Everyone!
I just had my interview this morning. There were three people in the room but only Irish asked the questions. I'm not sure how many interviews they have left to complete. I was told by Irish that we would hear back by mid-February. I wonder if the people that interviewed first will be told sooner since I've read some of you were told you would hear back by the first week of February. Either way, good luck to everyone!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone whose finished their interview! Was everyone's interviews via phone or Skype?

I interviewed back on the first week of January, which I think was their first day to conduct interviews, and I was told that I would hear back by mid-February, so I'm guessing we are all in the same boat! Good luck to everyone! :)

Congrats to everyone whose finished their interview! Was everyone's interviews via phone or Skype?

I interviewed back on the first week of January, which I think was their first day to conduct interviews, and I was told that I would hear back by mid-February, so I'm guessing we are all in the same boat! Good luck to everyone! :)

I think she said on the phone we would hear back starting the first week of February and everyone would know by mid feb, but now I can't remember...all I know is that I was so nervous lol. And mine was via phone!

I heard they said the first two weeks of February. My interview was through the phone as well, but… they ended up calling me at 10:30am instead of the scheduled 11:00am. Needless to say, I was caught off guard for a bit!

I heard they said the first two weeks of February. My interview was through the phone as well, but… they ended up calling me at 10:30am instead of the scheduled 11:00am. Needless to say, I was caught off guard for a bit!

Yes!! I heard starting the first week too! Phew...im glad I wasn't the only one! When did you interview? I was the first week!

Wow! Was your interview 30 minutes earlier as well?! My interview was earlier this week.

Last edited:
Wow I completely missed this 2nd page ha!

My top three were:

1.Pharm Admin
2. Am Care and Transitions
3. Critical Care

Mine also ended up being over the phone with no warning just a call! Mine was early on, but I remember her saying mid-Feb =/

Yeah I felt so bad because I thought it was going to be a Skype interview so I had my phone on silent and missed the call. I really wasn't expecting a phone call!

It seemed like everyone put down Critical Care. Whoever gets it has to be a rockstar in the area, probably!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that both critical care and peds will have two interns a piece. That's what I've heard in the past.

Did any of you guys apply for the Mayo Clinic? A friend of mine applied for both and interviewed last week and has already heard back from them! Why can't Hopkins be this fast... :(

Did any of you guys apply for the Mayo Clinic? A friend of mine applied for both and interviewed last week and has already heard back from them! Why can't Hopkins be this fast... :(

I applied for the Mayo Clinic internship as well and interviewed last week. They told us we would hear back by this Friday. Did your friend get accepted to Mayo Clinic? When did he hear from them? Dang, that makes me nervous that your friend has already heard back and I haven't!

I applied for the Mayo Clinic internship as well and interviewed last week. They told us we would hear back by this Friday. Did your friend get accepted to Mayo Clinic? When did he hear from them? Dang, that makes me nervous that your friend has already heard back and I haven't!
I believe they were offered an outpatient position this afternoon. I hope you hear positive news soon! Maybe Hopkins will be nice and make calls instead ha!

I believe they were offered an outpatient position this afternoon. I hope you hear positive news soon! Maybe Hopkins will be nice and make calls instead ha!

Ugh yeah I'm taking it as a bad sign that your friend already heard today, and I haven't yet :( Oh well. I do agree that Mayo was super efficient in reviewing applications, interviewing, etc. quickly. I hope we all find out one way or another from JH soon! Best of luck to you!!

They mentioned calls would continue to be made over the next two days....don't give up hope yet. No news is good news!

Good luck to all Mayo Clinic Applicants. That's awesome you're already hearing back. I hear the Mayo Clinic is so cool!

I also applied for the Mayo Clinic and received a call yesterday for a position with the outpatient pharmacy. I was in shock! I believe the calls started Wednesday but somehow I missed the call (and voicemail) the first time around. I'm not sure if they started calling for the inpatient pharmacy yet so don't give up hope just yet.

I agree that Mayo Clinic was a lot quicker, I interviewed with them this past Tuesday and they already started calling back. Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens just remember, it is still awesome to be selected to interview with these programs - take it as a good sign we are heading in the right direction. Again. best of luck to everyone!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also applied for the Mayo Clinic and received a call yesterday for a position with the outpatient pharmacy. I was in shock! I believe the calls started Wednesday but somehow I missed the call (and voicemail) the first time around. I'm not sure if they started calling for the inpatient pharmacy yet so don't give up hope just yet.

I agree that Mayo Clinic was a lot quicker, I interviewed with them this past Tuesday and they already started calling back. Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens just remember, it is still awesome to be selected to interview with these programs - take it as a good sign we are heading in the right direction. Again. best of luck to everyone!!! :)

Congratulations! How many people did the Mayo Clinic internship accept for the outpatient pharmacy? I heard Mayo is a great place to be. What would you do if you were accepted to Hopkins too?

I was wondering the same thing...I know my friend wanted Mayo Clinic as option #1, so do you contact Hopkins and say you are no longer considering them so they can consider other applicants, or do you wait until you hear from them to say no? I wound't know what the "proper" thing to do is....Haha nice problem to have I guess!

I just got the call! Irish said they are starting to make calls today and will finish making calls next week, so everyone will know very soon! Good luck to everyone! I am sure a positive response will be coming soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Thats awesome ahhhh!!!! What time did you get the call and what choice did u get?!?!?!?

EEK!!!! This makes me so nervous and anxious. But congratulations to everyone who got in! I wish you all a wonderful experience and journey ahead.

Just got the call from Johns Hopkins today as well! Had to turn it down, as I ended up accepting a managed care internship opportunity closer to home. Good luck to everyone else!

Wow that's awesome for those who received notification, today! What placements were you given?

I was offered the pharmacy administration position.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was offered the pharmacy administration position with Todd Nesbit around 4:30 this afternoon. I am thrilled to say the least!

Congrats! Was that your first choice?

I wonder if they made already made all the acceptance calls today since they only have about 15-20 calls to make :(

I was offered the pharmacy administration position with Todd Nesbit around 4:30 this afternoon. I am thrilled to say the least!
Wow man that's beyond awesome! You're going to learn so much! Where do you currently go to school out of curiosity?

Wow man that's beyond awesome! You're going to learn so much! Where do you currently go to school out of curiosity?

I am looking forward to the opportunity! I am currently a P2 at Purdue University in Indiana.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! my panic has gone up now though...:bored:

ME TOO! I think that it all depends on the areas you chose....sometimes it takes a little longer for some to get approved depending on the area...that's what I've heard from other threads in the past

People that got accepted--- are they asking you to send in your transcript?

As of now, no. Irish said once all of the calls are made/positions have been filled, we will receive more information. She said this wouldn't be for another week or two.

Congratulations! How many people did the Mayo Clinic internship accept for the outpatient pharmacy? I heard Mayo is a great place to be. What would you do if you were accepted to Hopkins too?
Thank you! This year Mayo Clinic was offering four outpatient and six inpatient positions. I still have not heard anything from JH. However, Mayo is my top choice because the outpatient position allows you to rotate through six different sites to get a feel for different areas and also offers mini-rotations in specialized areas. I was also told they offer free housing and set up all the interns to live together. However both JH and Mayo Clinic have amazing pharmacy internships. JH has Dan Ashby as their pharmacy director who has won a Whitney award - the highest honor you can obtain in health-system pharmacy. Both programs are great, however given my top choice, if offered a JH position I will be declining.

Who will your position be with. I feel like since today was the last day they would call people they wanted for sure :( :( :( DEPRESSED!

From the pattern, it seems like only administrative positions have been given out so far so don't lose hope!!!

From the pattern, it seems like only administrative positions have been given out so far so don't lose hope!!!

But based on the fact that technician's choices were not administration and she got that could mean that they are finished filling most of the main ones, and are just filling small holes now. :(

Don't lose hope yet everyone. My experience last year was that they try to fill the spots according to personality matching/needs of the departments/etc. Some folks who got called early on were selected for assignments they hadn't ranked.