Johns Hopkins MPH(11 mn)- Class of Summer 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aMusicalDr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A HELPING HAND :welcome::)
Hi everyone,
I want to start a conversation here for the 11 month MPH Program at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, JHU, Baltimore.
I have been admitted to the Schoolwide MPH Program (Full time) and I will be moving there in June. Just like many others. This is just to help make the transition easier, so we can get comfortably settled in our University and in Baltimore.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for starting this and excited to get some perspective on the transition to JHU.

I have a question, did you get an acceptance stating you've been admitted to a particular concentration? When I applied, I listed infectious disease but all the acceptance specified was the MPH in general.

double post... oops:wideyed:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for starting this and excited to get some perspective on the transition to JHU.

I have a question, did you get an acceptance stating you've been admitted to a particular concentration? When I applied, I listed infectious disease but all the acceptance specified was the MPH in general.

There was no mention of the concentration. I read on the website that if we join the full time Schoolwide MPH, then we are supposed to submit a goals analysis report and choose a concentration or customized program by September.
A faculty adviser is assigned to us who helps with this report.

I'm admitted as well to the schoolwide MPH and need to take the 1 hour drive from DC to check it out.

Do beginning students start on June 29 or August 26? I have gone back and forth about what day I think the program starts.

Nevermind, I checked the student portal and it says "look forward to seeing you in June".

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance email - nearly 3 months after applying! Does the official letter of admissions say anything about scholarships, etc.?

I didn't get any information and think by the end of this month they will finish awarding any scholarships. I've submitted my FAFSA application and the PH Student Aid Application form through ISIS but won't know anything regarding loans until they get my final transcripts.

Hey guys!

I received an email from JHSPH and I am accepted ! I am so glad! I am so happy to meet you here. Does anyone here know about the scholarships? When do we know we are awarded one?

Hey guys!

I received an email from JHSPH and I am accepted ! I am so glad! I am so happy to meet you here. Does anyone here know about the scholarships? When do we know we are awarded one?

Hi!!!
Nice to meet all of you, classmates! I did not receive any scholarship info but I'm still hoping that I will. Though my admission email came a long time ago. Still being practical, I have applied for a loan in my own country.

Update:

I thought they wouldn't start showing loan information until they got my final transcripts but my ISIS account is showing estimated loan disbursements for 5 terms. There is still no scholarship information showing so I don't know if I wasn't awarded anything or if they are still giving out scholarships.

Hey everyone, I wanted to get some insight for the experience requirement listed on the JHSPH MPH program website. Have any of you been accepted with your work experience DURING/a year after college? I have some extensive public/international health experience, but I'm graduations with a BS and BA this August.

Also, I'm also registered to take some online classes as a special/non-matriculate student at JHU.

With that said, I don't have the "minimum two years post-bacc work experience", but do have other work and experiences during college that I think would be appreciated (went to Ghana last summer even during the Ebola outbreak to work on preventative outreach efforts, for example).

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!

to those in the full time program, do you all have professional degrees or are enrolled in professional school?

Hi,
I have a degree in dentistry.
What is the work experience requirement for me at JHU for the MPH?