Johns Hopkins Pharmacy Internship -- 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently applying for this internship. Is there anyone else applying this year that would like to share the excitement?

Members don't see this ad.

I was unsure about whether or not I wanted to apply for a while, since my school has a lot of requirements for what counts toward our internship hours. However, I've decided to go ahead and apply anyway, as I believe this could be an awesome opportunity!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied today.... has anyone heard of the potential pool of applicants, number wise? I'm super nervous!

Last edited:
I applied! I'm nervous because my background isn't too clinical - just full of research stuff. Did you guys put your GPA on your CV?

I just got the interview invite! Congrats to everyone else who got one.

Reactions: 1 user
I also got an interview invite yesterday. I am really looking forward to the opportunity.

Hey Guys! Did anyone receive a call or an acceptance email?

Not yet! Nobody else I've talked to has either.

What kind of benefits and opportunities might this open up besides perhaps the obvious of world class institution and name recognition

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my call on Thursday. From last year it looked like they made calls over a 2 week period.

John Hopkins has one of the biggest Pharmacy Residency's I believe. It's also The John Hopkins University. This was seriously a childhood dream, ever since I read the book Gifted Hands in maybe 6th grade.

I got my call on Thursday. From last year it looked like they made calls over a 2 week period.
That's awesome! Congratulations!! Do you mind if I ask you what position they offered you?

Thank you Critical Care. Good luck to you as well btw!

Hello everyone! I just got notified about being offered a position.

Hey everyone! Congrats on those who got in! Just curious here, so are some people getting email and some getting phone calls?

That's awesome, Congratulations!! Do you mind if I ask you what position they offered you?
Weinberg Oncology Inpatient Pharmacy! It was one of my top 3 choices, so I am happy about that!

Congrats!

What position were you offered?
I was offered a position in the Moore Outpatient Pharmacy, which was my top choice because I'm super passionate about HIV/AIDS.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I unfortunately just got the email that I won't be joining everyone this summer. Good luck and congrats to everyone else!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted for this summer!
I've been very curious about this program for a while, and I'm planning on applying for summer 2017. I just wanted to ask the 15 or so of you that were accepted, did you already have intern jobs (outside IPPEs and such)?
I currently have an inpatient intern position, but I was specifically interested in pursuing the critical care or pediatrics programs at Hopkins to further explore those specialties. Seems like a really unique experience, so I would be willing to take some time off work.
Thanks all, and congrats again!

John Hopkins has one of the biggest Pharmacy Residency's I believe. It's also The John Hopkins University. This was seriously a childhood dream, ever since I read the book Gifted Hands in maybe 6th grade.
If Gifted Hands was your inspiration, then I think you attended the wrong professional school.

To past interns: I am currently in the process of applying to JHU Summer internship program for 2016-2017. Does anyone have any tips/advice for letter of intent, CV, interview please? Thank you!