journey back to DPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePod2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://redpm.tumblr.com/

Hello all, after a year away from the academics I decided to attempt podiatry school again. I am making a blog to record what I am doing to try and get re-accepted into podiatry school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am curious as to what made the school dismiss you without helping you enter the next class. I certainly would hope that the school has policies to protect the student in these types of situations.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users
:spam:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am curious as to what made the school dismiss you without helping you enter the next class. I certainly would hope that the school has policies to protect the student in these types of situations.

Best of luck.

It was towards the end of the second semester when I failed my third course. as per DMU's policy, failing 3 courses is an automatic dismissal. I tried to appeal my dismissal on the grounds of extenuating circumstances and had support of faculty members (One of the lecturers helped me by driving me to a funeral a day before my final). Unfortunately, after my efforts to change my dismissal to a withdrawal, my dismissal couldn't be helped and I ended up taking a year off from school to collect myself.

they do have a process to help students. I spent many hours with academic counselors and advisers to help me with my studying and my situation. entering the next class wasn't an option as i thought it was going to be. The school's handbook only mentions re-mediating a year for DO students and not DPM students.

Last edited: