June 2014 DAT breakdown 24/25/23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuffnuts

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post and I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people who have taken the time to write breakdowns after their DAT. I would not have been able stay as focused, motivated, and ultimately been as successful without you. Special thanks to you, Glimmer1991 for the breakdown list and for writing the breakdown that got me these scores!
My scores:
PAT: 23
QR: 19 - the QR bug is real +pissed+
RC: 25
BIO: 23
GCHEM: 26
OCHEM: 27
TS: 25
AA:24

I started studying in early April but had no idea where to start. I spent a couple weeks flipping lazily through campbells biology, thought i would take detailed notes on the whole thing and then move on to orgo/chem. took about half a page of notes an den I started poking around sdn for tips and came across the breakdown list. Its a goldmine. If you follow glimmer1991's suggestions to the T you will score high. also while taking the test, use the mark button and use it a lot. whenever you even have a shadow of a doubt click that thing and then move on! i finished with 20 min to review on the science section because if it took time to think about i just marked it and moved on. then i had a low stress 20min to stew on the hard questions at the end. plus i think my brain was processing the hard questions while i was answering the easy ones and sometimes i had the answer by the time i came back to review it.

BIO: learn yo damn 2nd generation punnet square ish cause I know i got that wrong. read over that chapter hella times and never took the time to really understand how to do those. they love asking those too cause its like da only application Q they could ever ask. rest of bio was pretty straightforward, all straight outta barrons or cliffs no need for both although i agree with glimmer in that barron is more pleasant to read. study yo cliffons and then stop caring cause bio is the greatest least productive time suck in the world.

ORGO/CHEM: chad has the strats. watch his vids and then take dem provided quizzes till yo eyes bleed and voila, 30's. I also used destroyer but it sucked and was useless. total and absolute waste of money. when would i ever need to name a 321 bicyclo flourine compound. never, thats when. also I am selling my copy if anyone wants it. its hella nice cause i didnt use it.

PAT: take them shapes and turn em around in yo head. didn't do much for this section. heard about qvault and cheiver dont even know what they are. its testing your perceptual ability and its well written so i don't think there are many good shortcuts. hole punching and cubecounting can be learned through youtube.. fo free99.

QR: get chads videos and quizzes and do those. I didn't but I would have gotten a better score.

RC: uhhhh i read the first few paragraphs then search and destroyed. know what ironic means too cause they try to trip you up with fancy booklearnin words. good thing i have my grade 12 now i can do anything.

Exercise/diet/sleep: 20 min cardio in the morning, highfat/protein breakfast. weights in the afternoon. slept like 7 hrs/night. almost always felt alert and well rested which was extremely important to me. your body and mind are one. if you want to perform at a high mental level you MUST take care of your foundation.

study chads, cliffons, and don't stress. its all gon be gravy baby.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
hahaha this has been the most entertaining breakdown I've ever read. THANK YOU

my favorite was "they try to trip you up with fancy booklearnin words"

Members don't see this ad :)
Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 1.20.07 PM.png
:cigar: Does anybody know why they sometimes don't give a percentile? Most of the score reports I see on here have one.

Reactions: 1 user
Best breakdown yet. I gotta argue your nutrition point there though b/c there are too many carbs in beer to keep them low

I was getting like 25s on my practice QRs, real thing, got a 20. I'm like c'mon man this is like high school math.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a 19 on QR as well! **** QR haha, great score dude!

I was getting like 25s on my practice QRs, real thing, got a 20. I'm like c'mon man this is like high school math.

AWESOME scores!

And I'm totally convinced there's something up with the QR section now!

I read somewhere that the QR section would have 30 "normal" problems and 10 word problems. This was not the case. it was closer to 20 word problems and i simply did not have enough time to understand, set up, and solve each problem. I answered what I could as quickly as possible but I still had a few long word problems left at the end. I think either the questions were too difficult given the time constraint, or I was just so burnt out that my brain was operating at the level of an inebriated baby

Reactions: 1 users
I read somewhere that the QR section would have 30 "normal" problems and 10 word problems. This was not the case. it was closer to 20 word problems and i simply did not have enough time to understand, set up, and solve each problem. I answered what I could as quickly as possible but I still had a few long word problems left at the end. I think either the questions were too difficult given the time constraint, or I was just so burnt out that my brain was operating at the level of an inebriated baby
:laugh: :rofl:

How long did it take you to complete the application, excluding gathering transcripts and letter of recommendations?
I haven't finished my application yet. Just about to get started on my personal statement this week hopefully and then try to submit by the end of june.