June MCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamer67

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on take the May MCAT but I don't think that I will be ready. Would taking it in June put me at a disadvantage, or would I still be able to have my application complete at the same time as the earliest applicants? My plan is to submit to my first choice school ASAP, get verified, and add schools when I get my scores back on July 20. Any advice? I am really nervous about not having my applications complete as early as I would like to.

Members don't see this ad.

I was planning on take the May MCAT but I don't think that I will be ready. Would taking it in June put me at a disadvantage, or would I still be able to have my application complete at the same time as the earliest applicants? My plan is to submit to my first choice school ASAP, get verified, and add schools when I get my scores back on July 20. Any advice? I am really nervous about not having my applications complete as early as I would like to.

You would still be able to have your app submitted and probably even get receive secondaries at schools where its automatic response. However your apps will not be considered "complete" until they've received the mcat score. That's why you can't have it complete at the same time as the earliest applicants, but pretty close.

Would submitting one app and waiting for my scores to submit the remainder vs. submitting all apps prior to receiving scores make a big difference in when I would complete? I would like to see my scores first, to make better decisions on where I should apply, but I don't want to cause a bigger delay in completing my apps.

Would submitting one app and waiting for my scores to submit the remainder vs. submitting all apps prior to receiving scores make a big difference in when I would complete? I would like to see my scores first, to make better decisions on where I should apply, but I don't want to cause a bigger delay in completing my apps.

Submit your AMCAS on the first day or during the first week with everything ready except your MCAT score. Be sure to send in transcripts before you submit. You can put down just one school and wait until you see your score in case it's a bad one. If you're satisfied with your score you can always add more. It'll take just a few days for the other schools to receive your score. You won't be super early but will be just fine in my opinion with a June MCAT.

Last edited: