Jurassic Park WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:eek: Omg! Land before time was my all time childhood favorite!! That is before they made land before time x 54.

Ahhhh same here :):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Whoa. Since when did I become a 1K member??

Yeesh. Probably during the Disney game.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am starting to think that my avatar is way to serious for this game :p

I'm starting to thinking mine is too intense as well...might have to change it. I saw a less serious one somewhere in my search.

Also, I may or may not have had a Land Before Time marathon with my sister this past summer....

And Elect Dyachei because I agree that someone who modded a great game would be a great mayor.

We need mean avatars!!!! Brachs aren't really mean so I have no choice but to use the Sinclair gasoline sign a la American pickers

But I did buy a brach stuffed toy after riding the universal studios ride and named him sinclair :)

Land before time and we're back! Those were awesome movies

elect dyachei

I'm starting to thinking mine is too intense as well...might have to change it. I saw a less serious one somewhere in my search.

Also, I may or may not have had a Land Before Time marathon with my sister this past summer....

And Elect Dyachei because I agree that someone who modded a great game would be a great mayor.

Haha, right now we have the same avatar! Great minds and all...

There can only be one!
I only like the 1st one. I think I've worn out the VHS copy. That and my copy of Hunt for Red October :rolleyes:

Wha-! Both are A-mazing! I can see that if we lived closer together there would be need for a movie night. :smuggrin:

Official vote count:

dyachei - 16 (nyanko, dyachei, kaydubs, shortnsweet, krist, fromthebox, tigerwillow, jjohnston, bbeventer, devyn, hedgiehog, alaskandream, ky261682, sooprnova, orca2011, sheepdogpsu)
hedgiehog - 3 (squirrelsrule, Katie8, kakurubird)
CorporateFatCat - 1 (Trematode)

One last update before I head off to work.

Alright. Voting is closed since the remaining votes won't make a difference. Results pending.

funny-graphs-jurassic-park.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
The students agreed that experience would help most of them survive, and felt that there was only one logical choice. And so dyachei was quickly elected Lead Researcher. "I'll do my best, guys," she told them. "But it's not like I've been in this situation before."

The others murmured in agreement. A few glared up at the sun; it was nearing mid-day, and the heat from the runway was becoming unbearable. ky261682 suggested that they collect as many supplies as they could and retreat into the jungle. "At least there's shade," she grumbled.

"Why don't we separate into our teams and go from there?" dyachei asked. "That might give us a better chance if any of us become... you know... one of those things tonight. We can meet back here tomorrow."

A few students looked at her suspiciously. "I think she's right, guys," sheepdogpsu glared back at them. "Think about it. It's safer to be spread out." There were a few more sighs and grumbles but soon they all nodded in agreement. What other choice did they have? They would take their chances in the jungle. The twenty-four injured students began to collect whatever supplies they could and slowly split off into their teams. It was nearly dusk when the last group slipped into the trees.

There are 24 players remaining.

Team Stegosaurus
1. shortnsweet
2. WTF
3. Trematode
4. bbeventer

Team Ankylosaurus
1. kakurubird
2. squirrelsrule
3. hedgiehog
4. katie8

Team Parasaurolophus
1. nyanko
2. devyn
3. kaydubs
4. NStarz

Team Triceratops
1. Krist
2. Nordicat
3. alaskandream
4. ky261682

Team Brachiosaurus
1. TigerWillow
2. Fromthebox
3. CorporateFatCat
4. dyachei

Team Compsognathus
1. sooprnova
2. Orca2011
3. jjohnston
4. sheepdogpsu

It is now Night 1. You have until 9pm CST to get your PMs in.

See, this is what happens when I get a day off. I sleep til noon and miss all the fun! :laugh:

Hehehe finally changed my avatar! Philiosoraptor FTW. :D I was going to go with Yoshi, but then the hubs suggested something more amusing.

Boo Hiss.
9 hours to send PMs?

I wanted to make sure that people could get them in since our time zones are all over the place. Night will end sooner if I get them all earlier!

See, this is what happens when I get a day off. I sleep til noon and miss all the fun! :laugh:

Ditto. Nothing like a good WW game to get you up early in the morning. I still cry when I watch the first 20 minutes of Land before Time. My boyfriend thinks it's hilarious.

This has got to be the slowest Monday at work in a while. Sorry if I'm spamming too much with pics etc.

teeellll me about it. Monday after spring ahead should be a holiday!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n71Cl8gLp0c[/YOUTUBE]

:laugh: i'm bored. the end got a bit excessive. but it was a nice break :laugh:

... waiting... waiting... waiting...

I guess if votes aren't due until 9 I don't really have to stalk my computer? I keep doing kitchen chores and then rushing back to my comp :laugh:

Though reminiscing on my childhood with all the land before time stuff is fun :)

Alright, guys, my kitty has a recheck appointment so I'll be disappearing for a little bit. And I'm still waiting on a few PMs so get 'em in!

I loved Land Before time and We're back too! Land of the Lost was awesome too!

I wanted to marry Alan grant and search for dinosaurs when I was little. He got a little too evil and greedy in The Tudors though.
Didn't know that was the actors name. Had to google him.
At least it gave me some distraction from searching for disease
causing genetic mutations in dogs. (kind of appropriate for the game's theme no?).

Last edited:
Didn't know that was the actors name. Had to google him.
At least it gave me some distraction from searching for disease
causing genetic mutations in dogs. (kind of appropriate for the game's theme no?).

Haha you mean Sam Neill? He's also in the horse whisperer as the poor husband who gets cheated on.

Woohoo! I'm back...and with a new avatar :p

Haha you mean Sam Neill? He's also in the horse whisperer as the poor husband who gets cheated on.
And The Piano. But I don't really like that one :(
I will admit to wanting to marry Alan Grant (Movie Grant, not book) or Vasily Borodin (Hunt for Red October) or Sam Neill, who happens to be rather awesome himself and owns a vineyard in New Zealand...

My Brilliant Career is on Netflix... young Sam Neill. :love:

OK I am obsessive *headdesk*

Loved The Horse Whisperer - but didn't like the ending :(

My washing/drying machine is trying to thwart my attempt to do laundry - evil doer! :mad:

I am so used to the speed games now after 2 that I keep coming back to check the thread thinking that I will have missed something huge - have to get back on the regular game time schedule :laugh:

*********************************************************************************
I met the real horse whisperer (Buck Brenaman -sp?)in person. Went to one of his seminars with my wife.

He is a pretty amazing person.
************************************************************************************

Last edited:
I met the real horse whisperer (Buck Brenaman -sp?)in person. Went to one of his seminars with my wife.

He is a pretty amazing person.

I want to see that movie!! I read a book about another HW. Think it was called Quiet Boy? The HW book is way too sad to read again.

Btw SOV, where are your stars???