Just an Extra Curricular Question/opinion inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anteater_student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'll get right into it. Basically, I have just transferred to UC Irvine, and I have the opportunity to join a bunch of clubs, and I am trying to assess what can be helpful when I apply to dental school. I have completed over 50+hours already of shadowing/volunteering. I have over 300 general community service hours. These are some of the EC's that I already have.

I have signed up to join to PreDental Society here, and I have high hopes of that, but my question is as follows: I want to join some sort of organization and I am wondering whether it would be more beneficial to join a social fraternity for the connections, or the Pre-Health Honor Society. Would they, if any, make an impact to my application? I also do not want anything to interfere with grades, so please, all opinions are welcomed!!!! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

PS anyone has any further recommendations to bolster my application with anything non grade related, let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

My recommendation; look into what you're already doing but also join a club you're interested in that's not related to academics or that's just to boost your app. Join like the ASL club because you love ASL or the cooking club because you love cooking. It's a cool way to meet people and do something outside of what you're doing 24/7. Plus you can still talk about that at interviews so therefore will still in a roundabout way help you. It'll show you're well rounded :)

Reactions: 1 user