Just finished NS FL 2... How am I doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zhonghang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just took NS FL 2 today and felt like there was a decent amount of stuff i have never seen before (especially in P/S). however, i still got a somewhat okay score. just curious if anyone has taken the NS FLs along with the AAMC Section Bank, sample test, and/or scored test. if so, how does NS compare with regard to content of the questions, presentation of questions, and scoring?

just to note:
NS 1 - 507 (128/126/126/127)
NS 2 - 509 (127/127/128/127)

i'm hoping to get a 515 on the real thing... for a 5/6 test taker does that seem realistic based off of these scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Estimating your score based on any non-AAMC material at this point will not be accurate at all. For example, I posted a graph yesterday showing that Kaplan FLs have anywhere from a +5 to +15 point spread. To get a feel for how well you'll do on the real deal, try using the AAMC Sample or the Section Bank.

i just took NS FL 2 today and felt like there was a decent amount of stuff i have never seen before (especially in P/S). however, i still got a somewhat okay score. just curious if anyone has taken the NS FLs along with the AAMC Section Bank, sample test, and/or scored test. if so, how does NS compare with regard to content of the questions, presentation of questions, and scoring?

just to note:

i'm hoping to get a 515 on the real thing... for a 5/6 test taker does that seem realistic based off of these scores?
Hi, Sorry for re-opening this conversation, but I was wondering your opinion on the NS tests compared to your actual MCAT?

just to note:

I'd say you are anywhere from a 510-518, looking good OP, I even heard NS 2 was harder than NS1. Keep it up but be sure to do other FLS. I took NS1 and thought it was alright. No quite the AAMC but good practice. Its scoring in terms of % correct is inflated vs the AAMC however it is considerably harder than the AAMC practice tests. Section Bank is "harder" than both however. Just keep working at it and maybe do EK4 and EK3 if you can and I bet you will be fine.