Just Finished the DAT....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golfguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to say it certainly was an interesting experience. I'm glad I got the scores I did, even though I was hoping for a bit higher given my practice scores. Thanks to everyone who answered my gen. chem. questions (rockclock, mh0000). These guys are geniuses.

Real DAT

TS 22 96%
AA 21 94%

Tools: Cliffs, Kaplan Course, Destroyer, Math Destroyer, O. Chem textbook, Chad's Videos, Alan's notes, 5 steps to a 5 iPhone Ap (highly recommeded), others.

I thought the test was strange, in all honesty. I have a pretty strong science background, and it was needed, because 1/3 of the questions were random off the wall stuff. Destroyer probably netted me around 5 correct answers, seriously. The overwhelming majority of my chem questions were conceptual based, with some having very words answers. The bio was loaded with ecology questions, 1 of which still baffles me. Most of the questions were very doable. I just think that some were so out-there that it made the experience interesting. Ironically, I thought I was toasting QR, would have bet everything that I had it pegged, only to find out I actually laid a donkey egg.

Overall, this test isn't really that bad, but some material seems to come from outer space. My advice, (as many others have said) do not get bogged down by a concept, breadth before depth without a doubt. The night before I had to force myself to quit studying because I was freaking myself out (guess what, not a thing that I looked at that night was on my exam).

I'll post my practice scores later. I averaged around 21AA with Topscore, and 20AA with Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
congrats, solid scores.

-So i've seen a lot of ppl say 'breadth before depth' can you expand, like what constitutes 'details?'
-Can u say what ecology topic was the weird question (without stating the question)

I took my dat today too. I felt exactly the same about the QR section. I finished it with ten minutes to spare. Came out and bam.. a 17. My other scores were similar to yours, straight 21 and 22's.

I took my dat today too. I felt exactly the same about the QR section. I finished it with ten minutes to spare. Came out and bam.. a 17. My other scores were similar to yours, straight 21 and 22's.

If that's what you got too, then congrats man! You two did well. I'd definitely be happy with those scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wooooo!!!! Congratulations :)

What is the 5 steps to a 5 iphone app? Just curious, I've never heard of it before. Thanks!

would you also mind telling me the detail covered within taxonomy, how does it compare to destroyer?

congrats, solid scores.

-So i've seen a lot of ppl say 'breadth before depth' can you expand, like what constitutes 'details?'
-Can u say what ecology topic was the weird question (without stating the question)

Well, lets just say it would be overkill to know all the intermediates of the Krebs cycle. But it would be important to know the major products of the cycle and the overall conditions by which it takes place (and no, I wasn't tested on it).

The Ecology question isn't worth talking about, given it's obscurity. In other words, if you haven't taken a class on ecology, you would likely get this one wrong.

would you also mind telling me the detail covered within taxonomy, how does it compare to destroyer?

One question that I can remember. It was very detailed, but could be answered correctly if you do your homework.

Wooooo!!!! Congratulations :)

What is the 5 steps to a 5 iphone app? Just curious, I've never heard of it before. Thanks!

Its AP Biology by Mcgraw Hill. The content is very similar to Cliffs. It has 745 flashcards, a 247 question exam, and several diagnostic tests to identify weak areas. I bought it over a year ago to help with topics I haven't had in 10 years or so.