Just got accepted! A few questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boogerman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I got accepted to Ross University's veterinary school and have a few questions (sorry if this has been posted before, I haven't found anything in my searches).

Regarding student loans through FAFSA, does the interest accrue after veterinary school or during?

What are some necessary items to bring to St. Kitts and what aren't as important?

I'm still waiting on a few US vet schools but I'm not sure if or when I will hear back from them. How easy would it be to transfer from Ross back to a US school?

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Regarding student loans through FAFSA, does the interest accrue after veterinary school or during?
From the time it gets dispensed til the day you pay it off. So both. Merry Christmas!

I'm still waiting on a few US vet schools but I'm not sure if or when I will hear back from them. How easy would it be to transfer from Ross back to a US school?

It depends on how many students flunk out, take a leave of absence, or quit their first year at the schools that will take transfers from Ross. Sometimes it's just a few to a handful of spots that open up, sometimes a lot more.

Also depends on how many students from Ross are looking to transfer, and how your application looks compared to theirs.

If it were you, it's not something I would bank on. If you think you will go to Ross knowing that you might not be able to transfer, why not pay the deposit and wait for the US schools?

Thanks for the reply Minnerbelle! I have paid the deposit already and am planning on doing just that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! I was just wondering - to which class did you apply too? I applied for the fall 2015 matriculation, and still haven't heard back from Ross regarding an admissions decision - I emailed them in early November checking on the status of my application and was told everything was still being reviewed...getting nervous now... please let me know!!! :/

Thanks magdogdvm! I had applied to the summer 2015 matriculation . I heard back about a month after my interview so don't worry, they probably have more applicants for your cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also applying for the May 2015 term! I was told they will have a decision next week. Have you received information about what to bring? I have read all the blogs and sort of have a list but Im trying to shop around.

Every semester we have a facebook page for the incoming class to ask upper semesters questions. If you haven't already received an email from Isha about it then you will soon. St. Kitts has most things that you are looking for already, so food-wise I wouldn't worry too much. I think linens can be kind of expensive, though, so I would bring down some nice ones from the states (your dorm will have a full size mattress, if you are off-campus then just ask your landlord). You will need boots (rainboots are fine), NONGREEN scrubs (you won't use green scrubs until 6th semester), and its always a good idea to bring down a second charger for your laptop or tablet. We reserve wearing scrubs for labs only, so day to day and in class you will wear normal street clothes.

I found that fb group shortly after getting some responses here. It definitely has a lot of good information!

Hi everybody. I got accepted to Ross University's veterinary school and have a few questions (sorry if this has been posted before, I haven't found anything in my searches).

What are some necessary items to bring to St. Kitts and what aren't as important?

Thanks all!

Hey congrats!! Also would you mind sharing your stats either on here or pm?? I just interviewed and am waiting for a decision. Just trying to figure out what kind of stats they're accepting. Thanks!