Just got into Temple DPT...advice on apartments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmj5012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just accepted into Temple's DPT program starting in July so I need to get a move on finding a place to live...I don't know much about the city, so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice about where to live/where not to live??
Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

im going to jefferson, but both are in the same city. i thikn im gonna spend the first year at home with my parents to save money, but i know the city quite well.

stay out of north philly. temples med/pt school is honestly in a pretty rough area.

good areas are manayunk, east falls, chinatown (near jefferson), anything in center city (but a bit more expensive), society hill. craigs list is a good place to check out apts. search "jefferson" and u will find good areas.

I was just accepted into Temple's DPT program starting in July so I need to get a move on finding a place to live...I don't know much about the city, so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice about where to live/where not to live??
Thanks a lot!

Congrats! I will be at Temple too! Lots of grad students live in the East Falls, Manayunk and Roxborough neighborhoods. Drexel med school is in East Falls/Germantown (where I live) which is not far from campus, relatively safe and affordable but it is a little sleepier than Manayunk. PM me if you want to chat more. I am glad to help! See you in July!

2nd year PT student @ Temple......stay away from ANYTHING near the campus....our cohort predominantly lives in Manayunk, Northern Liberties, Center City, East Falls......drive from manayunk is 7-10 minutes to temple medical campus.....very easy. Rent in manayunk is very cheap and full of young professionals with lots to do. Good luck.