Just got MCAT score! Please help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpshooter123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my MCAT back with a score of 505 (CP 128, CARS 124, BIO 127, PSYCH 126) and have a 3.3 GPA. Do I have a chance for UQ, Sydney, Melbourne or Griftth's MD programs?

And I just submitted MCAT score today so application is complete.. idn if this is still early or not..

If anyone can shed some light thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding you have met the requirements of most medical schools in australia with your scores. Griffith only requires a minimum of 123 per section, sydney around 500 overall, and UQ is 496 overall. Your GPA also passes their minimum as well. I am sure things will go very smoothly for you, best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I am not sure about the other universities but your MCAT is definitely good enough for an interview for Griffith! The universities do look at both your GPA and MCAT score to determine your academic potential.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, what was your deciding factor between the Irish school (which one?) and UQ?

Hey, what was your deciding factor between the Irish school (which one?) and UQ?
I chose ireland because
1. my gf is studying in ireland as well
2. its cheaper than aussie (tuition,livings, flights)
3. it seems more convenient since the irish academic calendar follows the normal sept - june rather than starting in Jan. Also note larger time difference between aussie and Cad then ireland and Cad. I dont know if this will affect the timeline for board exams/matching back later on.
4. Based on forums, there have been fewer complaints with the irish schools vs. aussie. From what I read, aussie schools are deficient in the administration department, scheduling problems, lack of basic sciences
5. excellent match rates back to Canada/very well known back in canada. My school specifically (Limerick), have been hovering around 88-91% successful matches back to Canada. Not that UQ is worse but I see more of their students matching into US, but I think its just the demographics of the cohort. More americans there. Canadians tend to pick ireland as #1 when applying abroad so there is more support from the larger amount of canadian alumnis from ireland.
If Im wrong about anything please correct me, but ya these are the reasons I can think of.

Reactions: 1 users